| || |
Out of Value Issue with File Type parameter
1. What version of LoadRunner (LR) or PerformanceCenter (PC) are you using? (specify which LR or PC)
LR 7.8 Feature Pack 1
2. What is the protocol you are recording?
2.1 If HTML - are you using HTML-Advanced with URLs or,
2.2 URL mode with Concurrent groups, or
2.3 URL mode without Concurrent groups?
3. Which LoadRunner/PerformanceCenter feature or service packs are you using?
Feature Pack 1
4. What kind of LoadRunner license do you have - Subscription, Perpetual, Virtual User days, or Evaluation? (choose the one that fits your license model)
4.1 If subscription, is subscription current or expired?
5. What platform(s) and Operating Systems? Include version and service packs.
Windows Terminal Server
6. If you have filed a service request with Mercury, what have they told you at this point with respect to your issue?
I am facing an issue with File parameter. Following is the setting for File which has 100 values in it:
1) Select Next Row ==> Unique
2) Update Value on ==> Each Iteration
3) When Out of Values ==> Continue with last value
When a scenario is under execution, some error are thrown in the log as below :
Start auto log messages stack. [MsgId: MMSG-10546]
Starting iteration 3. [MsgId: MMSG-15968]
Parameter 'USNValue': No more unique values for this parameter in table 'USNValue.dat' [unique range is 19-20]. [MsgId: MERR-13896]
End auto log messages stack. [MsgId: MMSG-10544]
I am trying to figureout how the values will be picked from a file over the number of Concurrent Users. And is there a formula, if I want to test for 100 Users then how many minimum values I should keep in parameter file.
Re: Out of Value Issue with File Type parameter
I have had the same problem in LR7.8. I think there is an error in the application.
I used the following to avoid the error "out of parameters":
Calculate how many parameters will be needed during a scenario execution based on the information "number of virtual users", "scenario duration time", "script exectution duration time" for the relevant SCRIPT(s).
Provide this number of calculated parameters plus some additional number (i double the parameters)
Configure the runtime settings for the relevant SCRIPTS(s) to run the expected number of iterations.
Example: Two users are expected to execute 10 iterations during the test. Each user executes 5 iterations. But according to step 2 i give some extra iterations, so the number of iterations will be set to 10 in the script.
Configure the parameter settings to "Select next row -> Unique", "Update value on -> each iteration", "When out of values -> abort vuser" and "Allocate -> 10 <- values for each vuser" in the SCRIPT(s).
Configure the run time settings in the SCENARIO like "Duration -> Run until completion"
Execute the scenario and stop the scenario manually after the test duration is reached (for examample after 1 hour).
What you are doing here is to execute the scenario until all the scripts were executed the configured number of iterations - BUT you stop the scenario after the test duration has been reached manually and that means before all iterations are executed. In this setup the number of iterations is not relevant.
Hope this is clear and it will help you.