1. What version of LoadRunner (LR) or PerformanceCenter (PC) are you using? (specify which LR or PC)
2. What is the protocol you are recording?
3. If HTML - are you using HTML-Advanced with URLs or,
URL mode with Concurrent groups
6. Which LoadRunner/PerformanceCenter feature or service packs are you using?
7. What kind of LoadRunner license do you have - Subscription, Perpetual, Virtual User days, or Evaluation?
8. If subscription, is subscription current or expired?
9. What platform(s) and Operating Systems? Include version and service packs.
Windows XP Professional 2002 with SP2
10. If you have filed a service request with Mercury, what have they told you at this point with respect to your issue?
This is more of a general question regarding LR. My development team wants a log of all the communications between the client and the server. The replay log contains only the client side actions. If I turn on the "data returned by server", I'm getting such voluminous data, that I'm sure nobody has time to sift through it.
I'm looking for a document that contains the requests made by the client and the HTTP response of the server.
Your development team is interested to see the data returned by the server I think. It will help them in debugging. We can't create a log which will contain only the HTTP response in LR, unless we manually edit the massive log files.
I contacted the dev team again, and yes, like you said, they wanted all the data returned by the server. So, I gave them the whole log file.
I turned off "parameter substitution" and turned on "data returned by server" and "advanced trace".
A Mercury KB article also addresses this question.