Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

C-Interpreter memory violations

Hi,

On two projects (with separate scripts/scenarios - although on the same machine) we have started to get the following error when running tests (which causes the Vuser to fail and not restart) -

"
    Action1.c(123): Error -19890 : C-interpreter run time error: Action1.c (123): Error -- memory violation : Exception ACCESS_VIOLATION received."

We're using Loadrunner 7.0 on W2k server with IE 5.5. I thought it might be script related on the first project but as its still happening im thinking im going to have to re-install Loadrunner or perhaps use a different machine. Ive tried running Vusers as processes and also threads but that didnt seem to help. The problem is also occurring for both types of scripts (HTML or URL mode).

Any help would be appreciated, one thing that isnt open to us is upgrading Loadrunner.

cheers

david

David Carter
    Test Lead
    LBI

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: C-Interpreter memory violations

Hi David,

In order that any volunteer may be able to further help you, please follow (precisely) the instructions here:
    http://www.sqaforums.com/showflat.ph...e=0#Post117445

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

1) Lr 7.0
    2) Web
    2.1) HTML and URL
    2.2) URL without concurrent
    3) none
    4) suscription
    4.1) expired (well support has at least)
    5) W2k Server
    6) havent done that.

i think i should also mention that its occuring on scripts that has very little of my own (non LR function) code in (ive declared one INT to use for thinkTime but thats it), so i cant see if its script related how a memory leak is occuring. It's also happened on about 7 scripts as i originally mentioned.

cheers

david

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

So other members have something to look at, can you bundle a section of data declarations, suspect code and several lines of the replay log leading up to and including the error? (Bundle into an rtf doc and disguise senstivie information)

This error is typically a result of a coding error related to misuse of a variable or other parameter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I cant get the error to occur in VuGen, it only happens in the Controller when the test is running.

The only data declaration and use in the script is (not including parameters) is as follows (this is the first few lines of the script) -

int thinkTime = 10;

web_url("Homepage",
    "URL=http://{URL}/",
    "TargetFrame=",
    "Resource=0",
    "RecContentType=text/html",
    "Referer=",
    "Snapshot=t43.inf",
    "Mode=URL",
    LAST);

lr_think_time( thinkTime );

As for parameters there is a parameter called 'usernames' with 10 users in it (set to Sequential when running in Vugen) and two for credit card type, number (which are set to use the same line as 'usernames'). Ive run the script through 10 times and the error does not occur. Oh and there's a paramter for the URL (as you can see above)

would the replay log still potentially be a help?

cheers again

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

(I've seen similar before, but not often enough to remember the remedy. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )
    Try running 11 times in Vugen.
    Run from the controller with logging enabled and parameter logging. Include here the log failure entries. It almost sounds like you are running out of parameters.

Do you alter thinkTime var within the script?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

hi,

I just ran 11 iterations in VuGen and it happened on the 6th. I then re-ran to make sure it happened again and it didnt happen at all!! The username parameter is definitely on sequential. I'm very confused, can this still be script related?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Script-related? Yes.

Are all requests being completed before the next action step that may require a parameter? Is there a correlated param not being populated and then subsequently used in a subsequent url statement? I would guess this may be the root cause of the error. With parameter logging enabled for Vugen playback, check to see if any parameters are empty or populated with the name of the parameter.

There are still many possibilities.

Note! Within a couple hours from now, many of the other experienced members will be joining this think tank.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

And one of them will inevitable point out that version 7.0 is an antique [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

...And that 7.0 was not supported running on any server version of Windows.
    James Pulley

Replace ineffective offshore contracts, LoadRunnerByTheHour. Starting @ $19.95/hr USD.

Put us to the test, skilled expertise is less expensive than you might imagine.

Twitter: @LoadRunnerBTH @PerfBytes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast