Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

about webservice

I am doing some loadtest for webservice now and has some suspicion about the process.

1 what's the difference between the two way,record client application and scan wsdl file.

2 as I know, the LR monitor the package the client send and receive,how could it know what the server do with the other tier,such as webservice or database in the whole system?

3 when I record a script for webservice with scan wsdl file and play it back, it gives some error message as below:

vuser_init.c(4): using client emulation General
    vuser_init.c(4): web headers not matching emulated client removed.
    vuser_init.c(4): Error: server returned an incorrectly formatted SOAP response
    vuser_init.c(4): Error: web_service_call "GetProjectSummaryDataSet" execution failed

I cant make sure whether it is caused by the missing of web_add_head function or something else.if the function need to be added manually,what format should I follow?

please give me your opinion.any advise or suggestion will be very appreciated.thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: about webservice

another issue,when I record the web action with http protocol, and replay it in the controller,when I load all user simultaneously, some users always fails. and http return 500.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I can't believe that nobody has ever done this test about webservice?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Quote---
    another issue,when I record the web action with http protocol, and replay it in the controller,when I load all user simultaneously, some users always fails. and http return 500. ----

Http 500 has nothing specific to do with Webservices....Look at the desc. of error 500..If your script is working properly in Vugen and at low load in controller...it is obvisious u had hot the performance bottelneck provided u have designed your performance test case properly perticularly "load all user simultaneously"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

For client emulation general error,you have to enable client emulation general option in the Runtime setting-webservices.

Another you have to set values in xml.
    S.K