Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hit per sec variation

I am conducting a load test for two scenarios separately.For the first scenario i used 20 Vusers ,the hits per second avg value was 33/sec.The second scenario which is not performing well is also tested for same userload for the same user load but the avg hits/sec was 6.5/sec only.Since the amount of load generated is directly proportional to no. of Vuser,why the difference occurs.Is whether due to application performance or it due to LR.I am confused pls help me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Hit per sec variation

First let us cast aside this myth: "Since the amount of load generated is directly proportional to no. of Vuser". This is generally not true under increasing load and especially in stress conditions. Where did you get that misinformation? (just curious)

Please elaborate on the differences between the two tests and any differences in the systems-under-test. Look at everything in your runtime settings - from think time to browser emulation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

This is from the pdf supplied by Mercury -Analysis help pdf " The Hits per Second graph shows the number of HTTP requests made by Vusers to the Web server during each second of the scenario run. This graph helps you evaluate the amount of load Vusers generate, in terms of the number of hits. You can compare this graph to the Average Transaction Response Time graph to see how the number of hits affects transaction ".

There is no difference between Runtime settings.The difference is one(first)is going to read only while the other is read and write.Both are tested on same enviornment.Can you explain more on the Hits/sec and Vuser relation,so that i can correct myself.Thanks in Advance

Regards,
    Gud.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

That's a big difference - read versus write! If you are writing, there is a strong possibility (with exceptions of course) that the db writes take longer and - they are thus waiting longer between statement execution. If that is the case, then this is less activity during the transaction fulfillment period - meaning fewer hits-per-second. This is a possible explanation only.

[ 10-11-2005, 07:06 AM: Message edited by: JakeBrake ]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

So you mean to say that this is not a problem with Lr cauz i am confused by that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Pilot error, not aircraft error.
    James Pulley

Replace ineffective offshore contracts, LoadRunnerByTheHour. Starting @ $19.95/hr USD.

Put us to the test, skilled expertise is less expensive than you might imagine.

Twitter: @LoadRunnerBTH @PerfBytes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Originally posted by gud2cu:
    So you mean to say that this is not a problem with Lr cauz i am confused by that.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">Possibly not.

Please re-read my previous post as I have edited it. Also, is there someone you can discuss this with who can help you understand the server aspect?

[ 10-11-2005, 10:18 AM: Message edited by: JakeBrake ]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

gud2cu.
    You were comparing the H/s from two different processes, kind of like apples to oranges. You are suggesting that, as an example, H/s should be the same for a script opening http://www.google.com/ and another script opening http://www.qaforums.com/
    Not likely!

Not to be extreme [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] but ...
    If you executed the same script at the same user load with the same runtime settings and the same data against the same hardware and network, then it might be an issue with LR.
    Resistance is futile.

SuperK

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

- There should not be any active or a passive users on test enviornment during both execution
    - Are u monitoring test environment(h/w & s/w) resources during test? is it same for both the tests?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

There should not be any active or a passive users on test enviornment during both execution
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">What, exactly, is a passive web user? I'm thinking here that it's someone who opens www.cobweb.com and leaves it there all day. Talk about loading up the server and network!

Are u monitoring test environment(h/w & s/w) resources during test? is it same for both the tests?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">We know gud2cu is monitoring the servers because he's able to tell us the hits/second metric for both runs. No, they are not the same. Which was the original point of this thread.
    Resistance is futile.

SuperK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast