Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Close_Session

From the LR Help:
    The close_session function closes all open windows and ends the current Baan session. This function, created in the Baan template, appears in the script's vuser_end section.
    what I'd like to know, what is Baan session,Baan template? is there is a way to make sure that LR close the Vu session by the end of each iteration?
    RT--> Miscellanous--> Continue in Error Disabled.
    Thanx
    "I realize it's an error, but no one is going to try to do that!"
    From "Top 10 Stupid Comments from Developers".

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Close_Session

Answer this question, "What is Baan?" You shall then have your answer
    James Pulley

Replace ineffective offshore contracts, LoadRunnerByTheHour. Starting @ $19.95/hr USD.

Put us to the test, skilled expertise is less expensive than you might imagine.

Twitter: @LoadRunnerBTH @PerfBytes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Anything appearing in the vuser_end section is only executed after running all iterations. Ditto for what is in the vuser_init section. The code executed for each iteration is in 1 or more Action sections.
    If you want your script to close out the current Baan session on each iteration, put the close_session() at the end of your Action. Be aware, however, that you will need to init_session() and start_session() within that Action as well.
    That may not be what you're trying to test.
    Resistance is futile.

SuperK

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

BobK, I think you missed what James probably correctly identified. A complete misunderstanding of "Baan," or a case of "closing the Baan door when the horse has bolted"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

So, I'm just being dense.

Why is chilly asking about Baan unless confronted with a Baan architecture. Only other possibility I can think of is chilly is passing the time reading random passages from the LR Function Reference, to which I respond: "whatever".

Note also that the runtime setting indicated will inevitably blow up the iteration unless chilly has a properly built Action, regardless of whether JP and PR think Baan should be Baaned.
    Resistance is futile.

SuperK

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanx Bobk
    I am trying to make sure that the session is closed for each Vu before starting a new iteration by hard coding it.
    I searched the LR help for a command to close the session and I found close_session , but I am not sure what is the meaning of Baan ?!
    I searched the dictionary and some IT glossary sites couldn't find any definition of Baan.
    I will put the close_session() in the Vuser_end() method.
    "I realize it's an error, but no one is going to try to do that!"
    From "Top 10 Stupid Comments from Developers".

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Just Googling "Baan" would have answered your question.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Yes, Chillyhouse, this is a good idea on your part. It should always be accompanied by a rendezvous. This accompaniment is not noted in the documentation, but trust me, this is the case. Be sure and wait for all of your virtual users to arrive (no timeout) before executing your rendezvous just before the close_session(). It always makes for a dramatic end to the test.
    James Pulley

Replace ineffective offshore contracts, LoadRunnerByTheHour. Starting @ $19.95/hr USD.

Put us to the test, skilled expertise is less expensive than you might imagine.

Twitter: @LoadRunnerBTH @PerfBytes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Chilly. So, apparently you're not testing a Baan architecture and Msgr Pulley brilliantly discerned that particular gap.

If not Baan, just exactly what is it you are trying to test?

Now, back to your original inquiry, which wasn't about Baan specifically, but how to close a session at the end of each iteration. Assuming [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] the close_session() function works for your application under test, the suggestion to put it in vuser_end will not meet your need.

An iteration is defined by the set of Action()s within your script. Executing the iteration does not execute the vuser_init() and vuser_end() sections. Ergo, the close_session() will not execute until all iterations are finished.
    You would need to initiate and close the session within your action to accomplish your intent.
    Resistance is futile.

SuperK