| || |
I am attempting, for the first time to create a Vuser for a Java-RMI application. I have set the classpath variable set to:
"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Mercury Interactive\SharedFiles\JavaAddin\classes;C:\Progr am Files\Mercury Interactive\Mercury LoadRunner\classes\srv;C:\Program Files\Mercury Interactive\Mercury LoadRunner\dat" I also have the _JAVA_OPTIONS set to
"-Dawt.toolkit=mercury.awt.awtSW -Xrunmicsupp -Xbootclasspath/a:C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MERCUR~1\SHARED~1\JAVAAD~1\ classes;C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MERCUR~1\SHARED~1\JAV AAD~1\classes\mic.jar"
the steps I've tried:
1. Starting the app from a bat file with the appropriate Java parameters (application starts but nothing is captured)
2. I've started the application from Javaws, the application starts but nothing is captured.
3. I've launched the application through IE using a HTTP wrapper, nothing gets recorded.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Re: JAVA-RMI script
To be able to record scripts for java applications it is necessary to configure the virtual user generator based on the information taken from the batch file which starts the application.
Use the protocol "Rmi-Java"
Configure the following in the screen "Start Recording":
- Application Type: "Java Application"
- Vendor Classes: "Local" (the application has to be installed locally)
- App. Main Class: "<Name of the class that is started in the batch file>"
- Working Directory: "<Local directory where the application is installed>"
- App. parameters: "<empty or as required in your case>"
Configure the following in the "Recording Options"
- Java Environment Settings / Java VM: "<the line that is given to your jdk, including variable substitution, excluding the main class, excluding start of java - example '-Xms32m -Xmx200m -Djava.security.auth.login.config=c:\ApplicationCli ents ...'; usually the last line in the batch file
- Java Environment Settings / Classpath: "<add all elements of the classpath from the batch file>"
- leave the rest as default values
Start recording using LoadRunner
This is valid for LoadRunner 7.8.