| || |
performance testing of java application
I'm planning to perform performance test for java application(GUI(Which looks same as Flight reservation application sample of Mercury interactive) running on jboss server...i Have chose recording method as Network recording and generator per protocol as IIOP in the session recording option..
but when i generate the scripts it gives me an error saying...
No protocol found... script generation cannot continue..... I tried with different recording methods and protocol(HTTP,IIOP,Socket) and still i'm getting the error...
Is there any one who has done performance testing of Java application(GUI) help me overcome this problem... what settings should i choose in order to generate scripts....
Re: performance testing of java application
To be able to record scripts for java applications it is necessary to configure the virtual user generator based on the information taken from the batch file which starts the application.
Use the protocol "Rmi-Java"
Configure the following in the screen "Start Recording":
- Application Type: "Java Application"
- Vendor Classes: "Local" (the application has to be installed locally)
- App. Main Class: "<Name of the class that is started in the batch file>"
- Working Directory: "<Local directory where the application is installed>"
- App. parameters: "<empty or as required in your case>"
Configure the following in the "Recording Options"
- Java Environment Settings / Java VM: "<the line that is given to your jdk, including variable substitution, excluding the main class, excluding start of java - example '-Xms32m -Xmx200m -Djava.security.auth.login.config=c:\ApplicationCli ents ...'; usually the last line in the batch file
- Java Environment Settings / Classpath: "<add all elements of the classpath from the batch file>"
- leave the rest as default values