Howdy. First post. I've read through the FAQ and didn't see anything on this topic. Apologies if I missed something in the FAQ.
I am testing a Zoom image server for my company with LoadRunner 8.0. The Zoom interface works via jscript making a call back to the Zoom server for the image.
I didn't think there would be any problem with my script so I fired up VUGen, walked through browsing. I figured that all the HTTP calls made would be captured by VUGen and the world would be a happy place.
I tested my script in VUGen and didn't see the images pop-up as I expected. I enabled jscript in the LR viewer and lo-and-behold I got expected results.
Then I got to thinking that when the VUser runs on the load generator that there is no enabling of jscript (that I've seen so far, so I could be mistaken). I fired off my VUser from the controller on my local machine and captured the communication in ethereal and I was bummed to see that the images are not being called properly. I see the jscript coming back from the server.
I then realized that the execution of the jscript is what calls the images from the Zoom server. I don't do much with jscript but I saw a bunch of "document.write" lines of code that execute in the browser to call the image in question.
After some searching I found the web_exec_java_script (I might have the function name incorrect as I am at home and not at work at the moment). I captured the jscript that comes down in the initial HTML data and passed it off to web_exec_java_script only to find out that this function is valid only for GUI Web Users which I am not licensed for.
For things to work properly the jscript needs to be executed. Any ideas of how to get around this problem?
This is the first time I've encounted this problem on our web site as we don't make extensive use of jscript. Normally the client clicked jscript makes another HTTP request that is caught by VUGen and easily emulated.
Thanks in advance.
It appears that I have solved my problem.
The problem was still gnawing at the back of my brain so I VPN'd into work and redid some of my work capturing work in ethereal to make sure that the desired jpeg images were being returned.
I double checked to make sure that the data was requested on port 80, it was. I was sure that VUGen would have caught the request that was executed by the jscript to the web server thus eliminating my need to call web_eval_java_script (if I could as a non-GUI Web user).
My first attempt was using VUGen to record HTML script with explicit URLs. I should have caught that something wasn't right when my script contained web_url calls with a bunch of EXTRARES params that didn't seem to make sense.
I decided to re-record the actions with VUGen as a URL based script with web_custom_request only. When I look at the script after capturing this way I see individual calls to the Zoom server with the proper captured URLs.
A quick pass with ethereal shows me that I am getting back the data that I want and that the jpegs are in fact being sent to VUGen.
I wish I would have thought about that earlier in the day. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]