Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

How to work with session ids

In a virtual user generator, when we record a web based application, a particular part between login and logout is considered as a session. Once we logout, the session is no longer valid. How do we work with these sessions in a script? When we play back the recorded script, it no longer works as that session no longer exists. Can some one please let me know how to work with session ids and how can we enable a script to dynamically capture session ids.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: How to work with session ids

Use correlation...
    Refer LR documentation/training materials on correlation

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I am trying to work with correlation. I recorded a script which logs into yahoo mail, clicks on to write mail, types something in the subject, saves this in drafts and logs out. After recording, I played back and scanned for correlations. It gave me 3 values which differ. Correlated all the three of them and then tried to play back. In the playback, it gives the following error for the 3rd correlated value:
    Action.c(93): Error -27798: Could not resolve address of host {wcsparam_diff3}
    Action.c(93): Error -27190: No match found for the requested parameter "WCSParam_Diff3". Check whether the requested boundaries exist in the response data. Also, if the data you want to save exceeds 256 bytes, use web_set_max_html_param_len to increase the parameter size.
    The way wcsparam_diff3 is saved is as:
    web_reg_save_param("WCSParam_Diff3","LB=*http://",
    "RB=/", "Ord=17","RelFrameId=1","Search=Body", LAST);
    Original value of wcsparam_diff3 is us.f319.mail.yahoo.com
    Can anyone guide me through this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hey ajj11, I tried wat you mentioned here, but I didn't get any errors.. rather I had 8 values to correlate. I rant the script in iteration 3ice
    ififthelement
    --------------
    "life is simple if you can see both sides of a coin" - by me

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Nos of values you get in correlation dependes on
    - recording mode (HTML or URL) selection
    - Diffrent yahoo mail ids hit diffrent sever hence diffrent correlation values

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

ajj11, using the automatic correlation engine is really not understanding and directly instantiating correlation in your script.

If automatic correlation is not working, then use manual correlation. (see documentation and training)
    James Pulley

Replace ineffective offshore contracts, LoadRunnerByTheHour. Starting @ $19.95/hr USD.

Put us to the test, skilled expertise is less expensive than you might imagine.

Twitter: @LoadRunnerBTH @PerfBytes