Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Testing Webservices, XML Files

Hello

There are couple of xml files that I want to load test for.
    I have put the xml file as a character string in the file.
    Now how do I pass that xml file as a submit call to a particular url and retrieve the xml output back?

I tried using web_custom_request or web_submit_data but am not able to succeed in the same.

Also once the xml file is returned back as an server output, I need to query that xml file and retrieve some specific data.

I know we can use the lr_xml_get_values and related methods to query the xml file and all but in this case the xml is returned back as the server output.
    I am sure how should I tackle the same.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks mh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Testing Webservices, XML Files

I just had to do this, here is the code with params inserted
    </font>
    1. <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">QAURL = the http://host.domain.name/dir/servlet</font>
    2. <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">XML = the xml you want to post, a string properly formatted, what not</font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"></font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">SubmitTrans()
    {
    int i, numRatings;
    char buf[64];

lr_start_transaction(&quot;Submit_Transaction&quot;
    web_reg_save_param(&quot;XMLReturn&quot;, &quot;LB=&quot;, &quot;RB=&quot;, &quot;Search=body&quot;, LAST);
    web_reg_find(&quot;Text=&lt;ANSWER RequiredItems=&quot;, LAST);
    web_reg_find(&quot;Text=&lt;ERROR&gt;&quot;, &quot;Fail=Found&quot;, LAST);
    web_reg_find(&quot;Text=&lt;WARNING&gt;&quot;, &quot;Fail=Found&quot;, LAST);
    web_custom_request(&quot;post_vs_transaction&quot; ,
    &quot;URL={QAURL}&quot;,
    &quot;Method=POST&quot;,
    &quot;TargetFrame=&quot;,
    &quot;Resource=0&quot;,
    &quot;Referer=&quot;,
    &quot;EncType=text/xml&quot;,
    &quot;Body={XML}&quot;,
    LAST);
    lr_end_transaction(&quot;Submit_Transaction&quot;, LR_AUTO);
    lr_output_message(lr_eval_string(&quot;*** Result: {XMLReturn}&quot);
    lr_xml_get_values(&quot;XML={XMLReturn}&quot;, &quot;ValueParam=number&quot;, &quot;Query=/VERIFY_PACKET/ANSWER/TELEPHONE_NUM_ANS&quot;, LAST);
    lr_output_message(lr_eval_string(&quot;*** Number: {number}&quot);
    lr_xml_find(&quot;XML={XMLReturn}&quot;, &quot;Value=5555555555&quot;, &quot;Query=/VERIFY_PACKET/ANSWER/TELEPHONE_NUM_ANS&quot;, LAST);

numRatings = lr_xml_extract(&quot;XML={XMLReturn}&quot;, &quot;SelectAll=yes&quot;, &quot;Query=/VERIFY_PACKET/ANSWER/*/@ItemAnswerRating&quot; , &quot;XMLFragmentParam=rating&quot;, LAST);
    for( i=0; i&lt;numRatings; i++) {
    sprintf(buf, &quot;*** Answer Rating %d: {rating_%d}&quot;,i+1, i+1);
    lr_output_message(lr_eval_string(buf));
    }

return 0;
    }</pre><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">most of this was just stuff i found online and bits i played with to get it working. i did notice that web_reg_finds work just as well as the xml searches.