Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Load Runner Script Sample

Hello

I have no real exposure to Loadrunner - but I have the following need.

Could somebody please provide me a sample Load Runner script based on windows platform (preferably interacting with powerbuilder forms Ver 5 or greater).

I am not fussy on the functionality of the script - just want to see what a (working) example script looks like.

Aletrnatively if anybody knows of a web site that might have the samples - I tried Mercury but could not locate sample scripts for Load Runner.

Many Thanks
    Vineet

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Load Runner Script Sample

If you have a legal copy of LoadRunner - samples ship with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I don't have a copy of load runner - the trial version download is rather large at 300 MB - if you have sample scripts I would be greatful if you could do a cut and paste of a smaple into this forum.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Vineet,

The question you ask is simple, but the answer is a complex one. Consider powerbuilder and all of the different environments/backends that it can connect with. Each one of these environment/backend types may constitute a different protocol type inside of LoadRunner. Even still leveraging ODBC to connect to SQL Server would be distinct from DBLIB or from SOAP/XML. This is before considering a sockets type connection.

So, when you say a sample....... You see our challenge. Not only that, but the examples that come in the help files (of which there are many) are copyrighted, so we cannot simply copy them out here for you to use. Now add the complication that anything I do in Powerbuilder as a business application may not look like anything you do in powerbuilder.

So, just download the date-limited version and take a look at the help files for the Virtual User Generator (VUGEN). And, by the way, there is no such creature as a "trial version." This is the full version of loadrunner with a date-limited license key.

Regards,
    James Pulley

Replace ineffective offshore contracts, LoadRunnerByTheHour. Starting @ $19.95/hr USD.

Put us to the test, skilled expertise is less expensive than you might imagine.

Twitter: @LoadRunnerBTH @PerfBytes