Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Digest Authentication

We have a problem with Digest Authentication in LoadRunner. According to documentation it's enough to use web_set_user() function with proper credentials, but we always get 401 unauthorized response, and script running stops. What could be the problem, have someone tested applications with this type of authentication? Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Digest Authentication

Does it work for one user or only fail when you enter into the controller?

Are your VUGEN/Load Generators part of the same domain as are the users you are attempting to authenticate?

Are you running a version of LoadRunner on a supported version of Windows for the particular release?
    James Pulley

Replace ineffective offshore contracts, LoadRunnerByTheHour. Starting @ $19.95/hr USD.

Put us to the test, skilled expertise is less expensive than you might imagine.

Twitter: @LoadRunnerBTH @PerfBytes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Now we are trying to make it for one user. Domain is the same.
    The version of Windows is supported.
    As i understand digest authentication, client sends request, receives 401 response with parameters in header, then uses those parameters and sends response, if it is right response, client is authorized.
    I send first request, receive response with parameters in header and then script stops. Maybe i should make second request manually? How to get parameters from header then, and they will change for every user...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

c-o-r-r-e-l-a-t-i-o-n

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

yeah, what Mr Ruscoe said....
    James Pulley

Replace ineffective offshore contracts, LoadRunnerByTheHour. Starting @ $19.95/hr USD.

Put us to the test, skilled expertise is less expensive than you might imagine.

Twitter: @LoadRunnerBTH @PerfBytes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hoping not to get slapped for adding comment to such an old message... But I had the same problem this week. Through trial and error - and a little research I found that my solution was to check the runtime setting for: WinInet Replay.

Once that was checked, The web_set_user() was fine the way it was. No additional correlation was required.