Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Unable to select data from the drop down list

Hi All,
    I am working on a web based application and need to select data from the drop down list.while recording the script using Virtual user generator whenever i try to select the data(string) from the drop down list if is being recorded as an integer.And i need to parameterize the data.Is there any one who can help me out why it being recorded as an integer not as a string

Regards
    vk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Unable to select data from the drop down list

Some back ground... a List box allows the user to choose multiple selections from the list at one time while a Combo box allows only a single selection

Since List boxes allow selection of multiple entries, you need a way to determine which entries are selected. When the user selects a List box item, it is assigned an integer index equal to the order in which the item was selected. You can test which list items are selected by reading the selection indexes in order until a zero value is read.
    Many programming languages support this concept.

And now coming back to Loadrunner part, you can still parametrize the search string with the integer values. Just check out all the possible values of the integers in the list, if its sequential then just count the total number of items in the list and put the values( Integer values) in a file.

Hope it helps
    regards,
    Shaminder
    tellshami@yahoo.com