Step download timout (120 seconds) ?

We use LoadRunner emulate 500 virtual users to access a Web application. We got some error message
    for the last few users. Anyone knows where this message come from? Is it from the Web-Applcation or just some LoadRunner configure issue? We already stuck on this for couple day and still no progress. Any suggestion would be great appreciated.
    Below is the Log message.

Action.c(6): t=140188ms: Pending task [0] in state STATE_SSL_CONNECT URL="https://www.foo.com/images/rightline.jpg" [MsgId: MMSG-26000] [MsgId: MMSG-26000]
    Action.c(6): t=140188ms: Pending task [1] in state STATE_TUNNEL_REPLY URL="https://www.foo.com/images/logo.gif" [MsgId: MMSG-26000] [MsgId: MMSG-26000]
    Action.c(6): Error -27727: Step download timeout (120 seconds) has expired when downloading resource(s). Set the "Resource Page Timeout is a Warning" Run-Time Setting to Yes/No to have this message as a warning/error, respectively [MsgId: MERR-27727] [MsgId: MERR-27727]

Tien-Chih Wang
    Tien-Chih Wang
    Call me TC

Re: Step download timout (120 seconds) ?

I think that one of your pages is exceeding the download timeout set (Tools->Options)in the Controller. You can go and change this setting in the controller, but you may be seeing a problem with your application that doesn't show up until the test has been running for some time. We usually do a 48 hour test to try and catch issues like these. Try rerunning the test for longer than you originally ran it and see if you don't get more errors. Anyways, hope this helps [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thank you for the response.
    The message seems to me is 'step download timeout', not to 'page download timeout'. which one should I change?
    I want to clarify if the problem comes from the web application or just mis-configurated the controller(tools-> option)?
    thank you for the help

Tien-Chih Wang
    Tien-Chih Wang
    Call me TC

Using the controller, select the script in question and then choose Runtime Settings --> Preferences --> Options.

This will bring up an Advanced Options screen and in there is a value "Step timeout caused by resources is a warning." which you can set to Yes or No.

Set this to Yes for your script to ignore this error.

We normally get these errors during the ramp up phase of our test where many users are logging on and downloading resources and the amount of throughput is very high. Setting this to Yes in our case allowed us to get all our users logged on and ready to go without altering the speed of the Ramp Up too much.

You can also alter the Step Download Timeout value, along with some other timeout values, using this screen.