Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

How to get started with LoadRunner

Hi ..

I m totally new to this tool, i just installed this software, but dont know how do i start with it. Please help me, i think we can start with Astra Quick Test. So plz tell me how do i start with Quick Test.

Thanks,
    Tester

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: How to get started with LoadRunner

Your question is imprecise? Are you asking about LoadRunner, Astra Quick Test or QuickTest Professional...?
    James Pulley

Replace ineffective offshore contracts, LoadRunnerByTheHour. Starting @ $19.95/hr USD.

Put us to the test, skilled expertise is less expensive than you might imagine.

Twitter: @LoadRunnerBTH @PerfBytes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi James,

Actually when i installed loadrunner, I can c Astra Quick Test. I m totally new to this software. So i dono how to start. I want to know about Load Runner, is it like win runner, and how can i do things like record and play back of the scripts.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

LoadRunner is different. It operates (for the most part) at the presentation layer of the OSI model. WinRunner and QTPro operate at the application layer, against a GUI. LoadRunner operates against the messages which are generated by the front end client communicating with the back-end server.

To learn any of them effectively one begins with training, either formal training or mentoring with someone who has used the tool for a long time and has established expertise in tools and methodologies. ZFor your first engagement, you are not the primary, but an assistant to the mentor. For your second engagement/project, you are the primary and the mentor is your backup. On your third engagement/project (if all has gone well) you are ready to use the tool on your own.
    James Pulley

Replace ineffective offshore contracts, LoadRunnerByTheHour. Starting @ $19.95/hr USD.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

So James u mean to say that i cannot learn Loadrunner by myself. I need to have a trainer for me?
    Anyway thanks for your response James.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

LoadRunner can be a very dangerous and confusing tool for new users to approach.

Yes, in order to be effective, you need to have product training and work with a mentor for your first engagement.

LoadRunner is not an inexpensive tool, invest in your own training and the success of the project just as you have invested in a tool.
    James Pulley

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi ..

I have installed the trial version of Load Runner 8.0, n while recording from Virtual User Generator, its taking lot of time to open and record a web application.
    I want to know if others r also facing the same problem.
    Is it because the application is taking snap shots of the images?
    James i think u can help me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

But you would get a lot more attention if you started your own thread, instead of hijacking someone else's