Thread: WAN Emulator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

WAN Emulator

I have read on a performance testing website that there is no point setting the bandwidth Speed simulation in the Runtime Settings (i.e. 56kbps analog modem) unless you possess a licence for the WAN Emulator in the Controller. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
    I have looked through Mercury documentation but haven't read anything that verifies this.
    Does anyone know if this is the case or not?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: WAN Emulator

Jonny,

This is incorrect.

The bandwith simulation settings available from within the runtime settings of the VUGen are available to you if you have the Web protocol and can be set on a script to script basis.

The WAN Emulator feature is an additionally licensed component which offers the facility to set up different Load Generators with simulated WAN characteristics such as packet loss and lag. These settings correspond to all scripts running on the WAN enabled Load enerator.

There was an interesting post quite a while back which may offer you some useful info on the feature avaialbe from runtime settings:

http://www.qaforums.com/cgi-bin/foru...=000021#000000

[ 07-21-2004, 02:47 AM: Message edited by: colin g ]
    Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Colin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: WAN Emulator

Thanks for this Colin, I thought it sounded a bit dubious but I needed confirmation from a more experienced user.

Had a look at the post too - lots of info to digest but very useful indeed.

Thanks again.

Jon