Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

How to use parameter across scripts

Hi All,
    I am new to LR.I was trying to develop a Vugen script for creating a Purchase Requisition Number.After that I captured the Requisition Number in a parameter.I want to use this parameter across various Vugen scripts.Is there any way I can at run-time write Purchase Requisition Number to the text file or any excel file or any other way that I can use one parameter across various scripts.

I tried using fopen ,fprintf function,but no luck It gives me "Memory violation error".Can someone also tell me what this error exactly indicates and how should I use the parameters globally across all scripts.

Thanks in anticipation,
    Trace

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: How to use parameter across scripts

"Virtual Table Server"

Go to Mercury support and download it. This will resolve your problem.
    James Pulley

Replace ineffective offshore contracts, LoadRunnerByTheHour. Starting @ $19.95/hr USD.

Put us to the test, skilled expertise is less expensive than you might imagine.

Twitter: @LoadRunnerBTH @PerfBytes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi James,
    Thanks for the reply.VTS is a free ware, if I am correct that means it is an external tool to LR.Is this the only alternative available?Is there now ay we can write data at run-time in text or excel files using LR?

Please advise,
    Thanks and Regards,
    Trace

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

tricks_77,
    I got the same problem when i tried to write a number to an external file.Probably you are not using the closing and opening brackets at right places.Try to send the code you were using, if possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I use the (C) file functions in some of my scripts, and they work fine. "Memory violation error" usually indicates an error in your code.

One warning --- a Vuser loads its parameters (into memory or wherever) when execution starts. So if your "provider" script and your "consumer" script are running at the same time, the consumer won't see data written by the provider.