Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Problem with Rendezvous point.

Hi,
    I have recorded one LR script.After that a put aroud 10 Rendezvous point into the script.
    Now when I run the Script for 20 Vusers then for first 4 to 5 Rendezvous point it works fine i.e. all vusers mate at that point before procedding further. But after that some Vusers are at one Rendezvous point and some at other Rendezvous point i.e. all gets messed up. (means 10 users are at 6th Rendezvous point and 10 users are at 7th Rendezvous point). It means not all vusers are waiting at the Rendezvous point and some go ahead for executing the script. I saw this behaviour quite often.
    Is there any setting related stuff that I have to do? or am I missing some thing....

Please suggest.

Thanks,
    Rahul

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Problem with Rendezvous point.

Rahul,

It sounds like you simply need to configure your Rendezvous Policy correctly.

Have a look in Chapter 9 of the LoadRunner Controller manual 'Using rendezvous Points' and then 'Setting the Rendezvous Policy'.

Its sounds like you probably want to change your settings to be 'Release when 100% of all Vusers arrive at the rendezvous' rather than the default which is 100% of all running Vusers.

You probably also want to ensure that you have specified a long enough time period to allow all your Vusers to reach the rendezvous.
    Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Colin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Rahul,

Also, make sure you have an engineering document which backs up your use of rendezvous to enforce simultaneous behavior. This behavior breaks with the chaotic arrival and departure nature of human users and is more likely to be tied to automated/scheduled processes.

If you use rendezvous in the place of higher user load you will wind up with numbers which are not representative and you will wind up chasing engineering ghosts and burning project dollars. You will also likely wind up burning the reputation of the performance testing team in the process as well.

Regards,

'Pulley
    ... a change agent
    LoadRunner user since '96 BV (Before VuGen)
    James Pulley

Replace ineffective offshore contracts, LoadRunnerByTheHour. Starting @ $19.95/hr USD.

Put us to the test, skilled expertise is less expensive than you might imagine.

Twitter: @LoadRunnerBTH @PerfBytes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanks Colin and James for your reply...
    It really helps me. I will trouble you guys if needed [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Sorry for the late reply as well..

Thanks,
    Rahul