Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Load test Scenario problem

Hi all,

I'm need to do a load test for a scenario that involves 60 concurrent users for half an hour duration and who finish 75 transactions during the half hour period.

I thought of increase in think times between transaction...but that doesnt quite emulate real user scenario....so we went ahead and did some increase in pacing in the run time settings...

Now we find that even after increasing the interval between iterations the number of transaction reached are about 450...which means i could further increase time interval...

Pls tell me if this is the right way of doing it or can i go with a goal oriented scenario...

Thank you in advance...
    Is this a good way of doing it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Load test Scenario problem

Is this 75 transactions per user or 75 transactions across the total user population of 60 for the half hour interval?

If 75 per user, then
    </font><ul type="square">[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">Average of 30 seconds between iterations</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">Take 20% above and below for the time between iterations [24-36 seconds]</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">Ramp up over ten minutes</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">Total number of iterations, 100</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">Ramp up interval between each user, 10 seconds</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">Total number of transactions for entire test period (ramp up, ramp down and time under full load) will be 6000.</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">Total number of transactions for time under full load (TUFL), 4500</font>[/list]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">Total execution time, Ramp-Up+Time under full load+Ramp-down=10+30+10=50 minutes. Users will ramp up over the ten minute interval and will naturally die off when their number of iterations is exhausted, resulting in a natural ramp down.

Change the example above if your number of transactions per user changes.

Regards,

'Pulley
    ...a change agent

[ 04-29-2004, 07:20 AM: Message edited by: James Pulley ]
    James Pulley

Replace ineffective offshore contracts, LoadRunnerByTheHour. Starting @ $19.95/hr USD.

Put us to the test, skilled expertise is less expensive than you might imagine.

Twitter: @LoadRunnerBTH @PerfBytes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

James,
    This is not per user basis...its for a total of 75 transactions!...in short we need each of the users to do at most 2 iterations leading to 120 transactions...which wud suffice for the test.

So can i have a similar calculation.

Thanx in advance James...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Pande,

James has kindly given you an example. You should try and work it out yourself.

A good tip is to create a spreadsheet that automatically calculates the required throughput or seceanrio set up. The joy of this is that you won't need to think too much about scenario make-up - something you might enjoy.

Good luck

Baz

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanks Mongoose,

As i am new to the tool.I was looking for a quick solution.
    Nyways the calculation were worked out ' without much thinking ' like u said speaking , from your experience.

Pande,
    'Experience does help'

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

As i am new to the tool.I was looking for a quick solution.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">Aren't we all, my friend? But sometimes you can't just ride on the back of someone else's hard-earned experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Here, have a fishing pole.

Go here to dig some works for bait.

Look for these characteristics in a fishing hole.

Enjoy.

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    James Pulley

Replace ineffective offshore contracts, LoadRunnerByTheHour. Starting @ $19.95/hr USD.

Put us to the test, skilled expertise is less expensive than you might imagine.

Twitter: @LoadRunnerBTH @PerfBytes