| || |
Recording Web Script - Loadrunner VuGen
I have a question regarding recording a script for Web Application using Loadrunner VuGen (7.8). I followed these steps,
1. I selected "WEB" option while recording a new script.
2. It prompted for "Program to Record", here i gave some local HTML file name like,
And, in the Tools->Settings, i had selected Internet Explorer as my Web Browser.
3. After selecting program to record, it opened internet explorer but didn't open this file at all.
4. Then, i stopped the recording. What i observe is that,
a) In vuser_init(), it just had code running the web browser.
b) In Actions(), it had return 0 and nothing else.
c) In vuser_end(), it had some code to terminate the web browser.
I tried lot of times to record someting in Actions(), but never succeeded. Everytime, once it opens the Internet Explorer, vuser_init(), Actions() and vuser_end() disappear and it just shows some Execution Log & Error Log only.
Please help me in solving this problem. How do i ensure that some code gets written while recording an HTML page under the Actions() module of a script.
Re: Recording Web Script - Loadrunner VuGen
1. I think you selected "multi-protocol" script type, because for Web VUser you are not prompted about "Program to Record".
2. Anyway, for program to record you need to specify the location and name of the application (like: Internet explorer, Netscape, anything else) and not the URL of your HTML path.
3. When you start recording, it opens browser, and you specify your URL manually over there.
4. I don't think it's a good idea to record the local HTML file: HTTP protocol is not used in this case, nothing to record. Better use some real URL - http://[anything]
5. LR records to "vuser_init" unless you state differently on the beginning of recording (or you can change this during recording). This is explained in manual.