hand coding PRM file.
Here's a tricky one. I'm posting a 300k XML file, which has about 300 parameterised values in it. I've created .csvs for the values, and have edited the XML to reflect the column names to make parameterising easier. Rather than hand create the parameters in LR I decided to write directly to the PRM file (using WR). This worked with 1 entry, but with a 100 there now no parameters available. Compiling and restarting makes no difference.
Anyone suggest a fix for this? Or have I totally knackered my script?
Re: hand coding PRM file.
I'm undergoing effectively the same exercise as you at the moment - I'm producing a large number of web scripts to post different formats of XML string, and I'm producing prm files from scratch that include only those parameters necessary for that particular XML string. I find it works very well, but obviously you have to be a little bit careful because to an extent you're hacking the tool.
Have you checked all the following?
1) That there are no errors in your prm file. LoadRunner is not surprisingly very sensitive to the slightest discrepancy and may well ignore the file altogether if something isn't quite right. Try producing a script by the conventional method using a much smaller number of parameters, then compare the format of the two prm files very carefully. I think I'm right in saying that there should be a carriage return at the end of the prm file, as in data files.
2) That your prm file is correctly named (i.e. has exactly the same name as the script) and is in the correct location.
3) That your prm file shows the correct path for the csv files.
You also need to be careful about messing with the prm file while you have the script open in Vugen. This may lead to confusion if you try to compile and / or run the script without first closing the file. You may find that Vugen has kept a backup copy of the file.
Hopefully some of the above suggestions may prove helpful. If not let me know - I'm sure I can think of more!