Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

COM testing

we are using ASP at frontend , COM at middle and Access at db end
    now i want to test middle tier.
    how to record the transactions for COm components or can anyone give a sample script code that test the com component

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: COM testing

Use COM/DCOM protocol for recording. In Recording options include all DCOM Dll's you're using (ado, oledb or whatever else). For ADO LR generate fine-looking scripts with recordset snapshots, etc. If you want to corelate and parametrize further your scripts, use C scripting instead of VBS or JavaScrpt.
    Regards,
    Mike Davydov.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

sir thank u very much.
    Before asking i tried this option.
    But sir i have some doubts.
    We are working on asp.
    - For recording, it is asking for .exe programs. I dont have any exe to test since we have asp applications.
    - Also in recording options, the MTS and type libraries which are asked lies on the server machine. Then do i have to browse to that server's registry or dir to get the dll
    I have no idea how to set it.
    Please help
    thanks

[ 09-29-2003, 05:15 AM: Message edited by: avni ]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Either record HTTP/HTML (your front end, if I not confusing) or record on machine, were COM/DCOM component is deployed. Ask your programmers - they must know what is the COM/DCOM library and where it is deployed. There is no any other ways.
    Regards,
    Mike Davydov.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Avni
    in the recording option try to record the dll that is responsible for the communication choose the file system instead of mts you should ask the programmer which .dll is responsible for the communication.
    and if you had something like a test client you could record it and use it for the vuser.
    as i know programmers they usually have a test programm which the do not give away voluntary
    if you need more help in hebrew you can mail me
    regard
    rweiss