Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

creating vuser

hi everyone
    i am new in QA and have some doubts regarding running scenario.
    i have created a script for web testing, and while recording i have logged in website with login and password. Now when i generate a scenario for this script with say 100 users that will all those users use the same login and password and if this is true than is this the right way of testing. If not then what modification i have to do -- ie. do i have to create 100 actual user for the website. and in that case how will i link virtual user with the actual user?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: creating vuser

Hi Avni, your newness to LoadRunner is really showing. I would recommend you take a look at the Virtual Users guide, paerticularly the sections associated with parameterization and correlation. Your question associated with the modification of code to better represent unique user signons for each virtual user will be addressed in the material. You should also endeavor to aquire one of the following as quickly as possible
    a) Training in LoadRunner. Your question
    is addressed in every LoadRunner class.
    It is entirely likely that you will run
    into other issues that are directly
    addressed by training in the tool
    b) An experience LoadRunner mentor. Nothing
    beats experience when approaching a new
    project with LoadRunner. If you are not
    able to sign up for training, make sure
    you have an experienced LoadRunner user
    to work with you on your first couple of
    projects in order to ensure that you are
    properly grounded in the use of the tool.
    James Pulley

Replace ineffective offshore contracts, LoadRunnerByTheHour. Starting @ $19.95/hr USD.

Put us to the test, skilled expertise is less expensive than you might imagine.

Twitter: @LoadRunnerBTH @PerfBytes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: creating vuser

Avni,

As recommended by James, I also recommend you to go through the VUser Guide.

Roughly, as you explained about your problem ois depends on two things
    1. Is your web site following any security checks, like User groups, I mean particular user can goto particular page.
    2. Is your web site is free for synonymous users, I mean whether any user can login into the application with a common Login name & Password.

So for first point you have to do some changes in the code and have to parameterise your UserName & Password. So see the Parameterisation section in the Vusers guide. And for the second point where no User authorisation is applicable you can go with the same UserName & Password for As many Virtual users yoiu want.....

Devender