Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Failed to submit data to network

I have a script using the SOAP protocol that is used to test web services and a web order tunnel application. The process of the script is first a few calls made to the webservice via SOAP, then a bunch of communications in the order tunnel take place. At the end of the order tunnel, a file is to be uploaded to a dynamically generated url (which is returned from a SOAP call).

The problem I'm having is that LoadRunner doesn't see the upload take place. This means that I had to manually create the step and add all of the necessary headers for the server to recognise a file is being uploaded to it. When running the script, the file appears to be uploaded as I see a lot of binary data, however roughly 95% of the time, the binary data ends with a LoadRunner error of "Failed to transmit data to network". I have been pulling my hair out trying to find a solution to this but haven't been able to come up with anything.

Sorry for the long post, but having just found this forum, I'm hoping someone can help to point me in the right direction...

Thanks in advance.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Failed to submit data to network

I know a similar problem occurring for web VUser. It gives "write to host XYZ failed ,failed to transmit data to network". There is a patch available for this. Contact Mercury Support, they should be pleased to help you out. Don't deny them this pleasure.

Generally when you face some problem with a tool for which you have paid some(?) money, never hesitate to shoot a mail/ phone call to tool's support. It's their job to avoid you getting into a situation where you are required to pull your hairs because of a problem in thier tool.

------------------
    Euc
    Cognizant Technology Solutions.
    Scranton, PA
    pankajbhatte@yahoo.com

while traveling parallel to a tangent , it's difficult to be normal, isn't it?
    Pankaj Bhatte
    Cognizant Technology Solutions.
    Scranton, PA
    pankajbhatte@yahoo.com

while traveling parallel to a tangent , it's difficult to be normal, isn't it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Failed to submit data to network

Thanks for the response, I'll give merc-int support a try since it's seemingly a bug.

------------------