Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

How to monitor the performance when DB and application are on different servers

Hi,
    Can anyone guide me how to monitor the performance when the data passes through a network traffic.I have application hosted on one server and the database on the other one.Now how can I monitor the transaction time taken between transferring of data from DB server to application server , which are on different physical location.Also guide how to configure the DB settings in LR 6.5

Thanks
    Atin Garg
    Consultant

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: How to monitor the performance when DB and application are on different servers

Atin,

Loadrunner is not a magician that can do anything on its own.If your appserver or database server is exposing the performance related parameters, something like an SNMP agent that caters to SNMP requests, then its possible. Can you name the servers please, so that I can tell you how to go about it.

------------------
    Euc

while traveling parallel to a tangent , it's difficult to be normal, isn't it?
    Pankaj Bhatte
    Cognizant Technology Solutions.
    Scranton, PA
    pankajbhatte@yahoo.com

while traveling parallel to a tangent , it's difficult to be normal, isn't it?