I had created an HTML page with 200 KB single image .I had created pages with 10,20,and 40 images of 200KB.When I did
the performance test single image is taking
much time. 40 image page should use 40 get or post calls.Then it should take more time.
Can any one please clarify this
1) RunTime settings, - HTTP protocol version you use for replay (1.0 or 1.1)
2) In case of the HTTP vuser, - do you use the concurrent connections? In case you do, - do you simulate the limited bandwidth?
3) Do you use the TurboLoad replay or WinInet replay engine?
4) Simulating the browser cache (or not).
As you see, - there are quite many settings (and its combinations) that can affect the persormance.
Do not forget about the web-server related settings as well. Such as HTTP compression, keep-alive timeout settings, etc.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ilia: The download time depends on the:
4) Simulating the browser cache (or not).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>One more issue: SSL doesn't use any cache - the same image would be encrypted differently next time.