Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

HP Vugen - Port Mapping clarification needed

Hello Friends,

I am new to the Performance testing stream and I am exploring the options in the load runner tool. Could any one of you please help me in understanding of different port mapping options?

1. Socket level data
    2. WinINet level data

I would like to understand the difference between these capture levels and what level of information will get captured in these options?

Your reply will be greatly helpful for me.

Thanks,
    Chandru.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    One applied to Windows Integrated Security. The other does not.
    Last edited by jpulley3; 06-28-2014 at 05:15 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Hi,

Thanks for responding to my query. Could you please explain in a little bit detailed way? For example, we can record google site in both Socket level as well in WinInet level, here what difference it would made and where it plays a key role here?

Many thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Unless you work for Google you would not record a Google Site because you would be violating their license agreement related to automation and the LoadRunner license agreement related to testing of sites you own, manage or control. Please see end user documentation regarding web_set_user() and your questions will likely be answered regarding integrated security and WinInet

Research skills are a prized skill set for performance testers