Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Oracle NCA protocl

I am using LR11.52 to test Oracle 11g application (Oracle NCA + Web protocols)......

my question is, in monitors, what special monitor should we focus on in Oracle applications?

I normally monitor Application server (or forms server), web server, and of course Oracle server (CPU, Memory, Idol thread counts, etc)...and ask the DBA for WPA reports, is there anything else we should worry about? thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Architecturally, what is the distinct item in ORACLE forms and based upon your architectural view what finite resource pools would you suggest are on the right path for monitoring?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by jpulley3 View Post
    Architecturally, what is the distinct item in ORACLE forms and based upon your architectural view what finite resource pools would you suggest are on the right path for monitoring?
    Sorry Jim for the delay i just saw ur reply, from my experience the only distinct item in Oracle is Oracle process, indexes, time to execute each queries etc...which i can get from AWR report.....but i was wondering if i am missing anything else, i mean if i should focus on anything else?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Write down all of the hosts, the OS' (including virtual machines including the Java VM) & Processes. Document your top five items for collection against each of the same. IF in doubt, speak with the person who supports troubleshooting performance issues in production and ask them for the top five metrics that they consult when someone indicates "the system is slow...."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoTester View Post
    I am using LR11.52 to test Oracle 11g application (Oracle NCA + Web protocols)......

my question is, in monitors, what special monitor should we focus on in Oracle applications?

I normally monitor Application server (or forms server), web server, and of course Oracle server (CPU, Memory, Idol thread counts, etc)...and ask the DBA for WPA reports, is there anything else we should worry about? thanks in advance
    In my experience, I've seen most of the problems in the DB queries and stored procedures while testing Oracle apps. Apart from the DB, the only other thing you might want to monitor is the HTTP Server (built on Apache) and forms server. All are java based. Pretty much same thing like how you will monitor a java app. IF you are testing only forms and using socket mode, I wouldn't even worry about http server.
    The views expressed in this forum are mine. My organization does not subscribe to the substance, veracity or truthfulness of the said opinion