Apprentice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

LoadRunner Scripting with PKI Tokens

Hello everyone. I am trying to utilize PKI Tokens in a script used mainly for regression purposes.
    I have my scripts setup to do what I want as I was previously using a username/password combination for accessing a private website and then performing regression-type testing.
    I realize LoadRunner is more geared towards "load" testing but it's all I have at this time.

Can someone please point me in the right direction ITO the types of protocols or special scripting that is needed to replace username/password login combinations into PKI Token usage?
    I'm using the HTTP Web protocol and have LoadRunner 11.

Thanks for the help!

Apprentice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by kev4heels View Post
    Hello everyone. I am trying to utilize PKI Tokens in a script used mainly for regression purposes.
    I have my scripts setup to do what I want as I was previously using a username/password combination for accessing a private website and then performing regression-type testing.
    I realize LoadRunner is more geared towards "load" testing but it's all I have at this time.

Can someone please point me in the right direction ITO the types of protocols or special scripting that is needed to replace username/password login combinations into PKI Token usage?
    I'm using the HTTP Web protocol and have LoadRunner 11.

Thanks for the help!
    does anyone have some feedback for this question?
    i would appreciate any help that can be provided.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Are you trying to test the Public Key Incription or are you testing the functionality of the application that you are testing and PKI is in the way?

I am light on both the subjects of PKI and LR but worked a bit on both so I thought this question may of benefit to the people contributors that follow me on this thread.

Thanks,

Kevin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    ....performing regression-type testing. ....
    A loadrunner web virtual user is an inappropriate tool for this type of testing. Please consider QTP Essentials or Selenium for this testing

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    The question is how are the tokens generated?

There should be some sort of web service or form submission that triggers a response that contains the tokens, most likely as a cookie. From there you need to parameterize.

If there isn't an easy way to get the token. Then you need to create some sort of proxy service or stub service that you can have your script call which returns the token you need.

(BTW, I have no experience on LoadRunner, I'm just talking about load testing tools with authentication in general)
    David Lai
    SDET / Consultant
    LinkedIn profile