Issue with LR proxy settings when the User agent string is changed
I came across this while I have been recording the scripts on an application supposed to be used on various mobile platforms,
iOS,Android and Windows mobile.
I am using LR 11.5 with ajax truclient for mobile and could record the script by choosing the Iphone4(iOS) from the mobile device setting
in the LR recording options.I could also successfully replay the script using the user agent string for Iphone 4.
However, when I change the device to one which runs Android or Windows Mobile in the recording options settings, and try to record the script.It throws a proxy authentication required.
Any suggestions on this, please.
Do you get a similar dialog when you execute these steps manually? I get this authenticaton dialog when i access extranet sites and i just provide user credentials and it works.
What's your theory based on what you understand about how the user agent is used in your application environment?
Well..umm...hmmm yeah so heres the theory(story would be suitable though )..
From what I know about UAgent string..its a parameter which the server uses to identify from what device and browser the request is coming and what content should be served to that request which would be compatible to what is mentioned in the user agent string(device and browser identifier)...
The issue that I am facing is when I record and replay it from VUgen(selecting ajaxtruclient mobile,device iphone4,useragent string(auto defined after I select the device)..it does not show the proxy warning and runs smooth..
But, when I record using other device(windows mobile phone from Trucelient mobile setting in VUgen) it throws a proxy warning and further asks for userid/pw for the proxy...and it occurs at different points everytime..so I am not sure how to deal with this...
However, i do not know how it is being used in my environment....i dont think it would be any different than the way it is in other environemnts..