Web_add_auto_header function

I need to set the user name/password/server and port information in the web_add_auto_hearder function, what parameter should be used? can i just use: web_add_auto_hearder("myuser","mypassword","myserv er","myport");??

i am sure this doesn't make sens since how load runner will understand what are these info, so what parameter need to be used? thanks in advance

Does web_set_user work for that?

Thanks LoadRunner421 for your reply, yes it worked but i thought we could use web_add_header or web_auto_add_header functions, i normally use web_set_user and it always works

I think both would work. I believe they both are just adding a header to the HTTP requests. You can check the logs to see what's happening exactly.

Hello ChicagoTester!

The function "web_add_auto_header" adds the header to all subsequent requests. the syntax is
    web_add_auto_header("element", "value")
    To see the names of the element and the values used during recording you can go to the Tree-View in VUGen. In the HTTP-View you can see the headers and decide which one to add. If you compare recording and replay in the tree view you can see the mismatch of headers and add them manually in the script code.

Hi all,

I came up with two queries to understand the web_add_auto_header function in detail, Could some one help me in understanding
    -> Only for the application buid with Google Web Toolkit we are using this function?.
    -> Whether this function is used to keep the header value as static? .

Thanks in advance