Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Oracle Forms 11g and Loadrunner 11.5

Hello,

A client of ours wants to use LoadRunner to test his Forms 11g application. Obviously, he wanted to make a PoC before launching the official project.

The issue here is that nothing of the Forms transactions is getting recorded.

I suggested various protocols combinations but still, nothing is getting picked up. He also tried recording in URL mode... Nothing more either.

Another strange thing; sometimes, when our client launches the app through VuGen, he gets a Java Platform SE error and is forced to both restart VuGen and shut all browsers.

I found issues similar to this in the forums:
    http://www.sqaforums.com/showflat.ph...mp;Main=629880

http://www.sqaforums.com/showflat.php?Ca...true#Post673532

The problem here is that the solutions listed above do not apply to our client. Apparently, with the newer version of Oracle Forms, Oracle no longer requires JInitiator (what the architect told me).

Anyone has ever encountered something like this?

Best regards,

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Oracle Forms 11g and Loadrunner 11.5

Your architect is correct. You don't need a JInitiator now for Oracle forms. It uses the standard Java plug-in. Loadrunner supports forms 10g and 11g.

Are you using recording ORACLE APPS or a custom application built in Oracle forms? LR supports both. Can you check the XSSERVER & XSPORT values and add them to the port mapping settings and try again?
    The views expressed in this forum are mine. My organization does not subscribe to the substance, veracity or truthfulness of the said opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hello sir and thank you for the quick reply,

His application is a custom built Oracle Forms one.

About the XSSERVER and XSPORT values;
    Looking at a blog i've found that those values could, theoretically speaking, be captured through the server response.
    http://martinspier.co.uk/how-to-scri...-on-loadrunner

The thing is, the script doesn't even get to record the connection so when we replay it, the XSSERVER and XSPORT don't appear in the server response.

Would you know if there is a way to grab this information directly from the application?

Thanks again,

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Lee - Your architect can give you the xsport and xserver values. These are forms servers and the ports. Depending on your implementation, there can be multiple form servers load balanced using the metric server or the regular OAS.

Can you use WireShark and capture the whole session? You can even try to get this using WinSock recording. Using the sockets created you can compare the host and port names with the data from your architect for forms & web server hostnames.
    The views expressed in this forum are mine. My organization does not subscribe to the substance, veracity or truthfulness of the said opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hello,

Ok, so the server and port names were kind of easy to get as they are in the URL. I confirmed those values using WireShark. Both the server name and the port were right.

The problem still stands though. Even with Port Mapping to the server and port, i still can't get to record the Forms' transactions.

Thanks,

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]

Ok, so the server and port names were kind of easy to get as they are in the URL,

[/ QUOTE ]
    ARe you hitting the forms server directly or launching it by logging to the web server? If you are hitting the forms directly, Oracle NCA should work. But if it is a "custom" java application built using JDeveloper, you might have problems. I have seen people resolving this problem using other tools (by using the client side jARs to capture the Java XML request and responses). But haven't done this myself in loadrunner.

Looks to me that it will be difficult to resolve the issue through this forum.
    Please contact HP and they might be able to help you with this issue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hello again and sorry for the delay of my answer.

I don't remember having to log in when i recorded the scripts but it may have been automated since it was a demo application. I don't have access to the application anymore and am waiting for our client's response on the topic.I've also forwarded your question about Java. We'll see where that leads [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I also had an HP engineer on the case. He got back to me yesterday and wanted me to confirm a few things. Again, it'll have to wait to after i touch base with our client.

I really do appreciate the support you are giving here and will let update the thread with any further developpement / finding.

Thank you,