As I have been working on an asynchronous application wherein AjaxTruClient is used as the preferred choice of protocol.
Reason for using AjaxTruClient:
1) Asynchronous Page Requests
2) Need to verify the load affect on download functionality from UI.
When users select all reports from a pop-window, they have to click on Download to either open the zip file or save the zip file downloaded. When the user is selecting downloads, session times-out and report downloads cannot be done and this is done when multiple users acts on downloading files.
Issue with AjaxTruClient Script:
Script works fine when replayed in 'Develop Script' mode. However when executed through vugen in script mode or in controller, scripts fails as it is unable to navigate to the download pop-up window as we have tab and sub-menu fall items.
Since controller works in HTTP Unit and script is recorded in Mozilla, navigation selection and event capturing fails.
Can anyone please suggest for a viable and working solution or logic which can be implemented to resolve the issue.
Thanks in anticipation!
1. What version of LoadRunner (LR) or PerformanceCenter (PC) are you using? (specify which tool LR or PC)
2. What is the protocol you are recording?
2.1 If .NET, which version of .NET does the app require?
2.2 If .NET, which version of .NET do you have installed?
2.3 If OracleNCA with Oracle Forms Server, please list the version of Oracle Forms Server. You can get this info from the main Oracle Form when launched - Help -> About
3. If HTML - are you using HTML-Advanced with URLs or,
4. If URL mode:
- Concurrent groups, or
- Without Concurrent groups?
5. Which LoadRunner/PerformanceCenter feature (FPs) or service packs are you using?
6. VuGen Recording - are you using Old or New Recording Engine?
New Recording Engine
7. You must list here the specific Licensed Vuser type for your specific issue AND the license amount you have for your Vuser protocol(s) - per the example below No response to this question or N/A are not options) If you are using a cracked or hacked version, list as "CRACK".
WebType 2.0 Bundle / 6500
8. Is your support/maintenance contract current and active?
9. What platform(s) (PCs) and Operating Systems (Windows-XP, etc.) are being used for load generators and controllers? Include version and service packs (SP1 or 2, etc.)
LoadGenerators and Controllers: Windows XP SP2 / Windows Server 2008
10. If you have filed a service request with HP/Mercury, what have they told you at this point with respect to your issue?
You should be using LR11 patch 3 if trying to do ANY TruClient work.
Most of the time the difference between running it in FireFox (develop script), VuGen, and Controller are due to timing issues. Take a look at each step while in Develop script mode, each step will have a drop down to determine when the script step has completed. You might have to change to a different value.
Also consider adding WAIT statements and changing the runtime setting interstep interval to something like 2000.