0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Loadrunner Report Analysis

Hi every one,
    This is priya,
    I am new to loadrunner tool.
    Can any one explain me how to analyse the performance report after executing.
    what all i need to focuse on.
    and how to say that the application is good to go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Loadrunner Report Analysis

Priyakonam, have you really been given the responsibility of running a load test and saying the "application is good to go?"

If you have no idea how to make that assessment, then Comerica may have made serious error of judgment in giving you the task.

Performance testing is not something you learn from posting a quick question on a forum and getting a canned answer. Like many other skills (auto repair, for example) you learn it over a LONG period of time, by working with someone who can guide you, step by step.

This forum is not the place for that. It is intended for trained (if not particularly experienced) LoadRunner professionals.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Sometimes these forums scare me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Yes, mate. Me too. But what scares me more is the aftermath of some of these threads. Lord knows what havoc is being wreaked in, for example, financial institutions by people whose only "expertise" is a response to a forum question.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

what's worse is the people out there who aren't even looking at the forums to try to find out what they're supposed to be doing...

quick pointer for the OP, though - read the manual

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

As mentioned by Peter you cannot learn this stuff simply by posting on forums.

I would only suggest you this:

1. If your boss thinks that you know this stuff pl. make it clear to him that you are not aware & will require some training on this.
    2. If your company cannot impart you training pl. make it clear that you will be learning this by self & your expertise will be restricted only to the knowledge gained by that.

If you don't speak up right now, I am sure this issue would blow up at the time of delivery.
    Best Regards,
    Sanket Vaidya

Om - Effortless Text Generation http://sourceforge.net/p/omfortesting/home/description/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

might be an idea to search for some best practice articles

particularly relating to training and mentoring of LR/performance testing staff

and the consequences of not following this path...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

If you work for a company that will not accept the responsibility to train you for a role where they have asked/demanded that you perform, when your performance does not meet the demands of the job then that same management will accept no responsibility for their actions in getting you to that point. They will "toss you under the bus" to save face with the customer.

[ QUOTE ]

Sometimes these forums scare me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Over the course of a decade these questions have gotten worse every year as people with fewer foundation skills are tossed into the discipline in an effort for firms to lower their cost basis so they can lower their rates and maintain a margin level. This is having a very negative impact on the discipline overall, keeping solid engineering types from entering the field and driving seasoned engineers to other professions where their worth is recognized.

Priyakonam, I will be traveling this evening from 6pm to 9pm EST (USA). I will extend the same courtesy to you that I have extended to others in your position. I would be happy to speak with your management about the self created problem that they have on their hands and how they can move to a model which has a proven success record rather than one with a record which is nearly the exact opposite of success.
    James Pulley

Replace ineffective offshore contracts, LoadRunnerByTheHour. Starting @ $19.95/hr USD.

Put us to the test, skilled expertise is less expensive than you might imagine.

Twitter: @LoadRunnerBTH @PerfBytes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]
    This is having a very negative impact on the discipline overall, keeping solid engineering types from entering the field and driving seasoned engineers to other professions where their worth is recognized.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is absolutely true - totally agree James. We've been looking to recruit a new team member for ages but in the end we were lucky enough that one of the developers from another team decided he wanted to cross train. But the thing that really bugs me is the reaction he got from other people when they heard this. The general feeling was that he was taking a step down, as though performance testing was not proper engineering.

This was pretty light-hearted stuff but it really highlights a problem of perception and I think it is this perception of our field that is a big part of the growing trend for managers to think it is ok to assign this task to any old 'tester'.