Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Getting values from Sitescope through a proxy?

1. What version of LoadRunner (LR) or PerformanceCenter (PC) are you using? (specify which tool LR or PC)
    Loadrunner 11.0

2. What is the protocol you are recording?
    Webservice (SOAP, recorded as multi Web/Web Services)

2.1 If .NET, which version of .NET does the app require?
    N/A

2.2 If .NET, which version of .NET do you have installed?
    N/A

2.3 If OracleNCA with Oracle Forms Server, please list the version of Oracle Forms Server. You can get this info from the main Oracle Form when launched - Help -> About
    N/A

3. If HTML - are you using HTML-Advanced with URLs or,
    N/A

4. If URL mode:
    - Concurrent groups, or
    - Without Concurrent groups?
    N/A

5. Which LoadRunner/PerformanceCenter feature (FPs) or service packs are you using?
    Service Pack 2

6. VuGen Recording - are you using Old or New Recording Engine?
    New

7. You must list here the specific Licensed Vuser type for your specific issue AND the license amount you have for your Vuser protocol(s) - per the example below No response to this question or N/A are not options) If you are using a cracked or hacked version, list as "CRACK".

On this particular controller: Web & Multimedia 3500, Templates bundle 500, SOA bundle 500, GUI bundle 10

8. Is your support/maintenance contract current and active?
    Yes

9. What platform(s) (PCs) and Operating Systems (Windows-XP, etc.) are being used for load generators and controllers? Include version and service packs (SP1 or 2, etc.)
    Controller is running Windows XP SP3, load generators Windows 2003 R2

10. If you have filed a service request with HP/Mercury, what have they told you at this point with respect to your issue?
    N/A

================================================== =========

Hi all,
    we are running a Loadrunner scenario where we are looking to test a web service where the application servers are shared between two networks (one remote company and our government agency). We can monitor our side just fine but the remote monitoring is making me scratch my head a bit.

On the remote side there is a Sitescope server set up, and it works. I can connect to it just fine from my location using the regular web proxy everyone uses.

However, I cannot seem to figure out how to add the monitors on the remote Sitescope in the Loadrunner controller. Agency policy will not let us bypass the proxy so we will need to specify a proxy in order to connect to Sitescope from Loadrunner.

Is this even possible?

And no, MI Listener is not an option at this time. Since the other company does have a Loadrunner license I suppose it might be possible to run a scenario on their machines and sync the results (cross, even?) but I would rather not go down that road.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Solution

In case anyone cares and ever searches this forum for a solution to this problem - This works for me:

1. I edited my xmlmonitorshared.ini as per the KM765550 knowledge base article.

2. I created a Loadrunner script that downloads the XML directly from the Sitescope server (in the Run-Time Settings I can specify a proxy) and saves it to a file on the controller.

3. Add the Sitescope XML download script to the scenario and set reasonable run-time settings (a few times per minute is OK for my needs, only one VU).

4. Set up the Sitescope monitor in Loadrunner, again as per the KM765550 article.

5. Start the scenario, have a cup of coffee and marvel at your own brilliance as the Sitescope graphs plot their little lines across the Controller screen while your co-workers attend the local HP User Group gathering, drinking sponsored beer (hey, who said I was jealous?!)...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Solution

Thanks for posting the solution, and for referencing the specific knowledge base article.