Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Help - Deciding the performance tool

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to performance testing, the appliction I need to test uses HTTP and GIOP.

It uses HTTP for authentication and after successful authentication, it downloads java applet and further communication to server(weblogic - ejb calls) is thru GIOP.

When I record the application using Multiple Protocol Script[Web(HTTP/HTML), Windows Sockets], I'm able to record the HTTP communictaions and socket communications(GIOP).
    I'm able to understand the HTTP request and response from the record logs, but not able to understand the GIOP(ejb calls)

"GIOP"
    "\x01\x02\x00\x00\x00\x00\x02\x06\x00\x00\x00\x05\ x03\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00"
    "\x00\x00\x00\x00\xf8\x00"
    "BEA\b"
    "\x01\x03\x00\x00\x00\x00"

Am I giving correct options for Multiple Protocol Script?
    Can anyone help me out here in understanding the GIOP calls - Any pointers?

Thanks in Advance,
    Rama
    Thanks,
    Rama

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Help - Deciding the performance tool

read the manual?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

In our application, we are using a Sessionkey(using CreateSession) for GIOP calls, I'm not sure how to proceed with this one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Rama

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

you can try the java vuser scripts - you need ot include the jar files, go through the docs to build java based scripts that will make calls to the middleware.. but it is not for the faint-hearted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Has "Infy" provided you training and a mentor for your use of the tool, particularly since you are venturing into exotic territory?
    James Pulley

Replace ineffective offshore contracts, LoadRunnerByTheHour. Starting @ $19.95/hr USD.

Put us to the test, skilled expertise is less expensive than you might imagine.

Twitter: @LoadRunnerBTH @PerfBytes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi James,
    BTW, I don't work for the company your provided. don't assume anything and post it in the forum.
    ~Rama
    Thanks,
    Rama

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Infy what was on your profile as your employer when you asked the question. Most organizations will have internal escalation groups for assistance and mature organizations due have a training+mentoring relationship with their employees in this field. No need to assume, I took your profile at its word.

As Goyale is now on your profile...

Has "Goyale" provided you training and a mentor for your use of the tool, particularly since you are venturing into exotic territory?
    James Pulley

Replace ineffective offshore contracts, LoadRunnerByTheHour. Starting @ $19.95/hr USD.

Put us to the test, skilled expertise is less expensive than you might imagine.

Twitter: @LoadRunnerBTH @PerfBytes