I have an application under test which uses AWT as its GUI mechanism, and uses AJAX as well. I tried script recording using AJAX protocol so as to capture the asynchronous calls but its of no use. Can't use HTML protocol to record the same as asynchronous calls wont be replicated in such a case.
Can anyone please suggest about the same? How can I proceed in such a situation as AJAX recording is not so good in 9.1 and does not give correct replica of real time scenarios.
Your suggestion for resolution is appreciated.
1. What version of LoadRunner (LR) or PerformanceCenter (PC) are you using? (specify which tool LR or PC)
2. What is the protocol you are recording?
2.1 If .NET, which version of .NET does the app require?
2.2 If .NET, which version of .NET do you have installed?
2.3 If OracleNCA with Oracle Forms Server, please list the version of Oracle Forms Server. You can get this info from the main Oracle Form when launched - Help -> About
3. If HTML - are you using HTML-Advanced with URLs or,
4. If URL mode:
- Concurrent groups, or
- Without Concurrent groups?
5. Which LoadRunner/PerformanceCenter feature (FPs) or service packs are you using?
6. VuGen Recording - are you using Old or New Recording Engine?
New Recording Engine
7. You must list here the specific Licensed Vuser type for your specific issue AND the license amount you have for your Vuser protocol(s) - per the example below No response to this question or N/A are not options) If you are using a cracked or hacked version, list as "CRACK".
WebType 2.0 Bundle / 6500
8. Is your support/maintenance contract current and active?
9. What platform(s) (PCs) and Operating Systems (Windows-XP, etc.) are being used for load generators and controllers? Include version and service packs (SP1 or 2, etc.)
LoadGenerators and Controllers: Windows XP SP2 / Windows Server 2008
10. If you have filed a service request with HP/Mercury, what have they told you at this point with respect to your issue?
If nothing else is working you're going to have to make Web/URL mode work. This is going to be a huge engineering challenge! LR was not designed to meet the requirement that you describe. If the newer, specialized protocols are not working for you, then your app is probably falling in the category that my old boss refered to as "a science project".
*** If you search around this board you will find that many times people are using Web/URL to implement AJAX applications.
LR11 TruClient also represents a possibility to solve this.
Yes, I found that many times people are using Web/URL work for this 'science project' [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] when newer protocols doesn't work.
However, I believe Web / URL mode won't help much as replicating asynchronous calls means I need to prepare several scripts and need to call them instanteneously anyhow using various scenario settings.
Ajax trueclient allows for async calls to be made, its a new protocol in LR 11.0, if you are going to use it be carefull of resource usage on injector though. Also make sure you install the latest patches