Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

ISO: HP LoadRunner installation CDs (media)

I currently have a user license for HP LoadRunner v8.1. When I went to install the product I discovered my install CDs are incomplete. HP will not send me the missing CD because my support contract has expired. Does anyone know how and where I can find LoadRunner install media? Could I barrow it from anyone that has the install CDs out there.

Many thanks, --nardo--

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: ISO: HP LoadRunner installation CDs (media)

nardo,

I don't think you're going to get any support here. I don't think you're a pirate BUT the people here are very, very sensitive to the piracy issue.
    Unless you are writing a compiler, strtok is NOT the answer.
    See: http://www.sqaforums.com/showflat.ph...=541641#542222

QAF is still an exercise in self-sufficiency! (Thank JB!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thank you Admiral Motti. I would not have known that piracy would be a concern. I'm shocked at how hard it is just to get install media from HP/Mercury. I guess I'll try some other avenues to obtain the install CDs.

--nardo--

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

8.1 is out of support from HP, so even if you had a valid support contract you may not be able to get media on a release that old.
    James Pulley

Replace ineffective offshore contracts, LoadRunnerByTheHour. Starting @ $19.95/hr USD.

Put us to the test, skilled expertise is less expensive than you might imagine.

Twitter: @LoadRunnerBTH @PerfBytes

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Does one need to have a valid contract to get the replacement/new installation media? if your discs are lost - are you out of your investment? Something is wrong here.. There must be some option to download media even if you dont have a valid support contract.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

@Child,
    Something is very wrong here. In fact, it was my HP sales-rep that suggested I post a request for install media to a LoadRunner user group. I couldn't believe it when HP told me that I would have a better chance getting install CDs from the user community then I would getting them from HP. My HP sales rep is blaming the problem on the resent acquisition of Interactive Mercury by HP. The company is suffering from many transition pains.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Would not matter if you did get the media. You have to have a valid license key for the machine you are installing it on. If they won't give you the media, why do you think they will give you a new key?

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]
    Would not matter if you did get the media. You have to have a valid license key for the machine you are installing it on. If they won't give you the media, why do you think they will give you a new key?

[/ QUOTE ]

You hit a good point. probably true in the OP's case. (I assume by asking the same version media, he is going to do a clean install on a clean/new machine.)

However Upgrading over an older existing install does not require a key. (Thank god!)

There must be some clause somewhere in the agreements that specify things like this.. (i dont know - i never seen one)