Hi i have a very basic question during how the Vuser will run during the load test.
First lets assume the following:
1. Scenario involves only 1 Vuser which is running a script 'S'
2. It takes the Vuser 5 minutes to complete the flow of the Script 'S'
3. In the Scenario's Run time settings for the script i have set the iterations to 1 and the duration as 7 minutes
The Script 'S' has three default actions i.e. Init (Login), Action (Task) and End (Logout)
Now when i run the scenario:
a) The Vuser will get Initialised i.e. Init() will get executed once.
b) For the next 7 minutes the Vuser will execute the Action() part.
c) The Vuser will end i.e. End() will get executed once.
My question is for part b)
Once 5 minutes will pass, will the Action() be repeated from the beginning by the same VUser? OR It will execute the End(), then Init() and then Action()
This question might be very basic but glad if anyone could clarify.. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Your question is covered in three areas
(1) Standard Product Training material. Please refer to the section on scheduling in the training material
(2) Online Books
(3) Help for the run time setting associated with scheduling within the context of the virtual user.
What is your working hypothesis as to the behavior of the virtual users. Support your hypothesis with items from your research into the areas above.
If your employer has not sent you to HP standard product training with an HP Certified instructor, then now is the time to ask for that training. Also, best practices would suggest that you also be working with an experienced mentor for your first three assignments following training (at which point you should be skilled enough to become a mentor for the next generation), so ask for a mentor to be assigned.
Your employer very much represents themselves as ones who adhere to best practices for their clients. Now is the time for some "dog food engineering" where best practices principals are applied in-house to training and mentoring.