Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Vusers cannot login but script still continues

Hi,

I'm recording a script for a Java Web Based application using WEB(HTTP/HTML). I get to record the script fine and it does record but when i replay the script it does continue all the way to logout. But when you check the test results under the view the user really cannot login to the application but still the transactions are passing. Anyone can help me on how why the user cannot login? Thanks!

I tried to use the web_set_user function but still no luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Vusers cannot login but script still continues

Correlation comes in many forms, session, state, time and business-process related. Your business process may not include all of these forms, but for those which are present these items <u>must</u> be handled before you have a successful replay.

Is web_set_user() appropriate? Maybe. Web_set_user() is associated with windows integrated security. Given that you have a Java Web Based application and that Microsoft and Java are not necessarily the best of friends, the odds would seem lower on an architectural basis that web_set_user() would be the integration point for a valid security token for your app. Also, apps that require such integration are pretty good about throwing a 400-500 class error message if you don't have the proper token.

On all of your transactions passing....
    You should be checking for correct returned pages and if the correct return page is absent then you need to set the status of your transaction appropriately. IT is entirely possible that you have an application which is controlling the page error state in content of the page, but is still returning valid HTML pages, with a status code not in the 400-500 range.

Correlation methods and methods to check for appropriate page content may be found in your standard HP LoadRunner training class material. Four distinct correlation methods are covered as well as a couple of methods for page content validation.
    James Pulley

Replace ineffective offshore contracts, LoadRunnerByTheHour. Starting @ $19.95/hr USD.

Put us to the test, skilled expertise is less expensive than you might imagine.

Twitter: @LoadRunnerBTH @PerfBytes

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]
    Hi,

I'm recording a script for a Java Web Based application using WEB(HTTP/HTML). I get to record the script fine and it does record but when i replay the script it does continue all the way to logout. But when you check the test results under the view the user really cannot login to the application but still the transactions are passing. Anyone can help me on how why the user cannot login? Thanks!

I tried to use the web_set_user function but still no luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

The first step to a properly customized script is to place adequate content checks at each transaction. That way your script wouldnt really have passed beyond the login step.

Reg the failure of the login step, there could be several reasons - not just one. really not much that we can pinpoint. I would start with posting your script code.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

What are the Text Verification points in the script?

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

web_reg_find()

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Try to add content check in the run-time settings and see if that is getting triggered when the user logs in. if u need more details on the content check... Kindly go thru the help doc.
    Br,
    Ravi Kanth T M

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Comment all the web_add_cookie, you may get some error msg which helps in resolving the script..