Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Multiple Corellation?

Hi Guys,

Iam facing a problem where I need to pass a string as right boudary, where it contains variable data in between.

The response of one row on the page is as below(there are hundreds of rows on the page):

OpenDocument"&gt;StringToCorellate <font color="red"> </font> &lt;/A&gt;&lt;/font&gt;&lt;/td&gt;&lt;td nowrap&gt;&lt;font size="2" color="#000080"&gt; Value1 <font color="red"> </font> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;/td&gt;&lt;td nowrap&gt;&lt;font size="2" color="#800000"&gt; Value2 <font color="red"> </font> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;/td&gt;&lt;td nowrap&gt;&lt;font size="2" color="#008080"&gt; Value3 <font color="red"> </font> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;/td&gt;&lt;td nowrap&gt;&lt;font size="2" color="#000080"&gt; StatusString <font color="red"> </font> &lt;/font&gt;

Value1, Value2 <font color="red"> </font> and Value3 <font color="red"> </font> are changing data.

The situation is, we have a page where hundreds of links( StringToCorellate <font color="red"> </font> ) are present, from which I need to select one, depending on StatusString <font color="red"> </font>.

Getting StringToCorellate from response is not difficult, but since I need to select depending on StatusString <font color="red"> </font>, getting right boundary for StringToCorellate <font color="red"> </font> is difficult. If anyone has any approach please help on this.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Multiple Corellation?

why not get the whole thing?

then your RB is whatever is after the closing font tag after the StatusString

then extract the values you need either using strtok (see the manual) or pointers, when you hit the correct value in the StatusString you can save the values you want to parameters

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanks Jim. Will try for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

If I understand the problem correctly,
    ==============================================
    option 1 : correlate every occurance of Status_String &amp; StringToCorrelate with ORD = ALL

if status string_1 = "matching criteria" then
    use StringToCorrelate_1

elseif if status string_2 = "matching criteria" then
    use StringToCorrelate_2

===============Implementation===================== =
    Correlate - [with short LB and RB]

1) StringToCorrelate (ORD=ALL)
    2) Correlate "StatusString" (ORD=ALL)

***Occurnace = 1 to #of records loop********

If "StatusString_{Occurance} == "MatchingCriteria" then
    ---- Use "StringToCorrelate_{Occurance}"
    end if

*** End loop ********************************

==============================================
    option 2 - [if value1,2,3...are numbers - /DIG]:
    ===============implementation=================
    To allow for any number [0-9] within specific digit positions, use /DIG with a pound sign:

web_reg_save_param("pSer","LB/DIG=Serial XXX-###-ZZZZ","RB=\r\n", LAST );

Let me know if I am wrong in understanding/ the logic is wrong.

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

if StringToCorellate is of fixed length. the easiest solution is to use SaveLen option in wrsp. If not, try out the other ones suggested here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

@Krishna18in: Absolutely right Krishna. The only difference is I need to check for multiple <font color="red"> StatusString </font> . I mean, if <font color="red"> StatusString </font> =S1 or S2 or S3, i need to consider the <font color="red"> CorellateString </font> . if anything else, then ignore it. The approach u have given holds good. Thanks.

@Chid: Yes Chid, its of fixed length. Thanks.

Thanks a lot guys.