| || |
How to record Windows events(EXT:)?
1. What version of LoadRunner (LR) or PerformanceCenter (PC) are you using?
2. What is the protocol you are recording?
2.1 If .NET, which version of .NET does the app require?
2.2 If .NET, which version of .NET do you have installed?
3. If HTML - are you using HTML-Advanced with URLs or,
html explicit url
4. If URL mode:
5. Which LoadRunner/PerformanceCenter feature (FPs) or service packs are you using?
6. VuGen Recording - are you using Old or New Recording Engine?
7. What kind of LoadRunner license do you have -
8. If subscription, is subscription current or expired?
9. What platform(s) (PCs) and Operating Systems (Windows-XP, etc.)? Include version and service packs (SP1 or 2, etc.)
10. If you have filed a service request with HP/Mercury, what have they told you at this point with respect to your issue?
have not contacted so far.
We have a custom win32 application(A.exe) which invokes another win32 applications(B.exe).
We are trying to do a recording for this in LR.
A.exe is just a standalone appln, where as B.exe uses IE plugin.
A on invoking B passes some windows events(EXT) which is gettin blocked by loadrunner while recording.
A invokes around 7 to 8 applns in B, out of which only one applns is not loading while recording. LR is blocking some events from A to B.
When we launch the appln manually it works but recording has some issues.
Does any one know where in LR we can find the logs?
Recording log doesnt have any clue as this is not client server communication, this is communication between two windows appln.
This is one of the event that gets logged by A.
<OnEvent ID="LoginSuccessful" ><UserLoginState>T</UserLoginState><$Country>GE</$Country></OnEvent>
I guess these events are blocked by LR and the application fails to lauch because of timeout.
How to record such events or how to make LR not to listen to these events?
Re: How to record Windows events(EXT:)?
Hopefully this is solved.
We modified the A.exe so that it sends the events to B a little late.
What happens during recording is B tries to read the msg before even A sends these msges.
We made it work so that A sends the msg few seconds after B loads.
Since loadrunner filters these msges before sending it to B it takes a little longer time to reach B and getting a timeuot.
Now looks like its working.