| || |
Rendezvous points with Java Vuser
1. What version of LoadRunner (LR) or PerformanceCenter (PC) are you using? (specify which tool LR or PC)
2. What is the protocol you are recording?
2.1 If .NET, which version of .NET does the app require?
2.2 If .NET, which version of .NET do you have installed?
2.3 If OracleNCA with Oracle Forms Server, please list the version of Oracle Forms Server. You can get this info from the main Oracle Form when launched - Help -> About
3. If HTML - are you using HTML-Advanced with URLs or,
4. If URL mode:
- Concurrent groups, or
- Without Concurrent groups?
5. Which LoadRunner/PerformanceCenter feature (FPs) or service packs are you using?
6. VuGen Recording - are you using Old or New Recording Engine?
We don't record.
7. You must list here the specific Licensed Vuser type for your specific issue AND the license amount you have for your Vuser protocol(s) - per the example below No response to this question or N/A are not options) If you are using a cracked or hacked version, list as "CRACK".
Java VUser 1000
8. Is your support/maintenance contract current and active?
9. What platform(s) (PCs) and Operating Systems (Windows-XP, etc.) are being used for load generators and controllers? Include version and service packs (SP1 or 2, etc.)
Controller: XP SP2
Generators: Win 2K3 Rel2
10. If you have filed a service request with HP/Mercury, what have they told you at this point with respect to your issue?
Is it possible to use Rendezvous points with the Java VUser protocol? I have put the lr.redezvous call in my scripts, but the Rendezvous option under Scenario is grayed out and there are no rendezvous points under the script details. My java classes are all in a .jar file, and I don't see how the controller can get this information without running the scripts.
Any help would be appreciated.
Re: Rendezvous points with Java Vuser
I figured out a workaround for this.
The controller will not read my jar file looking for rendezvous points. I addedd a dummy point, with the same name as the one in my jar file to the top level Actions.jar file. Reload the scripts into the controller and then the point as well as the Rendezvous option will show up. I then edit the script with the vugen, removing the point from the actions.java and then recompile, without reloading the scripts in the controller. The old point will still be available in the controller and the rendezvous point within the scripts, buried in the jar file, will work.
Hack, yes, but it is easy enough to do considering I have never need them up until now.