I am trying to enable Monitoring over the Firewall to get performance measurements from the servers that are located behind on a different network than the controller.

Here's the situation:

Load Runner controller running 9.52 on Windows Server 2003, also acting as the MiListener. Agent running 9.51 on Windows Server 2008 R2 (was not able to successfully install 9.52).

When in the controller, I am unable to get the controller to connect to the machine with the MotF agent setup. I setup a machine in the generators section, I use the same local name as setup in the Local Machine Key field on the agent machine. On the security tab, I check the box for 'Enable Firewall', select the radio button for monitoring, and enter 'localhost' (also tried in the MiListener field.

When I try to connect, I get the following error:
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre> Failed to connect to the agent.

Load Generator not responding after timeout
Command line that was executed:

-usr ..\dat\lr_trans_server.usr -lnch_interactive -controllerhost "phl17cdimera03" -bridge -monitor_parent
-extra_ext time_diff_ext -no_exception -eve_file_version 3 -drv_log_file_under_cntrl lr_bridge.log -working_lang 0
-es_unique_id 3 -no_offline -supply_netdir -lnch_priority normal -no_popups -lnch_interactive -lnch_registry_key
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mercury Interactive\LoadRunner\CurrentVersion\RuntimeEnvir onment"
-product_name "LoadRunner" -lnch_extra_registry_key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mercury Interactive\Server Monitor\CurrentVersion\RuntimeEnvironment" </pre><hr />

When I go into the agent log on the controller machine, it has the following message:
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre> 14/04/2010 16:30:29 Agent over Firewall from host: abcd is trying to connect. [MsgId: MERR-29528] </pre><hr />

I have verified on the controller that the agent is listening on port 443 as well as that I am not being blocked by the firewall, since I can create a telnet connection on port 443 from the MotF agent machine to the controller.

While using tcp_view on the controller, I am able to see the remote machine initiate a connection on port 443, but a second after the connection is initiated, it is dropped.

Let me know if more information is needed. Thanks in advance for any assistance.