Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

PC/LR 9.52 Installation Issue

In working a case with HP, they insisted I do not have 9.52 installed. This Vugen/script replay log entry is what they are keying on (and I can accept that):
    <font color="blue">Web Turbo Replay of LoadRunner 9.50 SP1 for WINXP; WebReplay96 build 7049 (Sep 23 2009 17:14:02) </font>

When I look at Vugen -&gt; About, this is what I see - 9.52. Is anyone else seeing the same thing? Our team precisely followed their installation instructions to take us from 9.50 to 9.51 to 9.52. Hopefully this is something as simple as someone forgetting to update a #define, etc.

1. What version of LoadRunner (LR) or PerformanceCenter (PC) are you using? PC 9.52 (thought so anyway)
    2. What is the protocol you are recording. Full url w/concurrent
    3. N/A
    4. If URL mode: Concurrent groups
    5. Which PerformanceCenter feature or service packs are you using? 9.52
    6. VuGen Recording - are you using Old or New Recording Engine? N/A
    7. -Click to view license info.
    8. Is your support/maintenance contract current and active? Yes.
    9. What platform(s) (PCs) and Operating Systems (Windows-XP, etc.) are being used for load generators and controllers? WIN 2003 Server aboard HP duo core servers.
    (List here)
    10. Case is file as of 1:30 Central Time USA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: PC/LR 9.52 Installation Issue

I have a suspicion that when HP upgraded to 9.52 they forgot to upgrade all of the modules at the same time, hence the Web turboload (non-WinINET) replay engine is still reporting 9.50. This should be a pretty easy suspicion to test.

<ul type="square">
    1. Stand up a quick naked operating system virtual machine.
    2. Install the 9.52 VUGEN from scratch.
    3. See if it reports the same version stamp as your problematic environment[/list]

This should give you ammunition one way or the other with HP, either they gave you the wrong instructions for a complete upgrade of VUGEN on the host or they need to take ownership for the version mismatch on the replay log and continue to support you on your issue.
    James Pulley

Replace ineffective offshore contracts, LoadRunnerByTheHour. Starting @ $19.95/hr USD.

Put us to the test, skilled expertise is less expensive than you might imagine.

Twitter: @LoadRunnerBTH @PerfBytes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: PC/LR 9.52 Installation Issue

They are aggressively pursuing this! Great responsiveness from HP. I think they have surpassed Mercury support when it was at its peak.