Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

504 Gateway Timeout Errors

I am load testing an HP Application, Service Manager 7. While testing I am randomly getting 504 gateway time out errors.

The environment is set up like this.

F5 Load Balancer
    2 Web Servers (Microsoft IIS pass through)
    1 Web Sphere ODR Server
    2 Web Sphere Application Servers
    1 HP service Manger Server (Microsoft)
    1 SQL Server

The 504 errors are logged in the Web Servers when they occur. The requests that receive a 504 donít seem to make it to the ODR box (no errors in the logs). These errors occur randomly and also happen with only 1 user, therefore, it does not have to do with load. I ran my script against the ODR box directly and never received a 504 error. I ran the same script bypassing the Web servers and the ODR hitting the Application Server directly and also did not get any 504 errors.

My question is... Can the 504ís be related to a scripting issue? (Incorrect/Bad requests etc) Any one have any other ideas?

2. WEB (HTML/HTTP)

3. No

5.Web Services add in (not used for this script)

6. New Engine

7. Unlimited

8. Yes

9. Windows XP SP2 for Scripting, Windows Server 2003 SP2 for the LGs

10. I have not yet filed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

504 gateway

Hi ,

How did u resolve 504 gatway error in hp service manager?

regards
    mamatha

Quote Originally Posted by agaripian View Post
    I am load testing an HP Application, Service Manager 7. While testing I am randomly getting 504 gateway time out errors.

The environment is set up like this.

F5 Load Balancer
    2 Web Servers (Microsoft IIS pass through)
    1 Web Sphere ODR Server
    2 Web Sphere Application Servers
    1 HP service Manger Server (Microsoft)
    1 SQL Server

The 504 errors are logged in the Web Servers when they occur. The requests that receive a 504 donít seem to make it to the ODR box (no errors in the logs). These errors occur randomly and also happen with only 1 user, therefore, it does not have to do with load. I ran my script against the ODR box directly and never received a 504 error. I ran the same script bypassing the Web servers and the ODR hitting the Application Server directly and also did not get any 504 errors.

My question is... Can the 504ís be related to a scripting issue? (Incorrect/Bad requests etc) Any one have any other ideas?

2. WEB (HTML/HTTP)

3. No

5.Web Services add in (not used for this script)

6. New Engine

7. Unlimited

8. Yes

9. Windows XP SP2 for Scripting, Windows Server 2003 SP2 for the LGs

10. I have not yet filed.