| || |
Host ID keeps changing
We're planning to purchase a 500 vusers Winsock license for our testing engagement. When contacted HP, they instructed us to generate the Host ID using 'licidgenerator.exe'. Which I did, but then when I checked the Host ID in the launcher application, it displayed a different one. I restarted the Controller server and checked the launcher app, only to see a different Host ID again. I have not experienced this in my previous engagements when I used the same LR 9.5 version. I would be writing / raising a support request to HP, but, thought I will get certain things clarified here. I don't want to generate a wrong Host ID and get a license generated from HP, only to see it throws a license violation error later. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Am I missing something here? Appreciate your response in this regard. Thank you.
1. What version of LoadRunner (LR) or PerformanceCenter (PC) are you using?
2. What is the protocol you are recording?
2.1 If .NET, which version of .NET does the app require?
2.2 If .NET, which version of .NET do you have installed?
2.3 If OracleNCA with Oracle Forms Server, please list the version of Oracle Forms Server. You can get this info from the main Oracle Form when launched - Help -> About
3. If HTML - are you using HTML-Advanced with URLs or,
4. If URL mode:
- Concurrent groups, or
- Without Concurrent groups?
5. Which LoadRunner/PerformanceCenter feature (FPs) or service packs are you using?
No FPs available
6. VuGen Recording - are you using Old or New Recording Engine?
7. You must list here the specific Licensed Vuser type for your specific issue AND the license amount you have for your Vuser protocol(s) - per the example below No response to this question or N/A are not options) If you are using a cracked or hacked version, list as "CRACK".
Winsock / 500
8. Is your support/maintenance contract current and active?
9. What platform(s) (PCs) and Operating Systems (Windows-XP, etc.) are being used for load generators and controllers? Include version and service packs (SP1 or 2, etc.)
Load Generators - Win XP
Controller - Win 2003 SP1
10. If you have filed a service request with HP/Mercury, what have they told you at this point with respect to your issue?
Re: Host ID keeps changing
Are you trying to install the controller on a virtual machine? If not, what hardware are you using? Were there any driver updates or hardware changes between reboots (perhaps someone disabled an extra network card or messed with the disks?)
The only thing I can suggest is upgrading to 9.51. If that doesn't work then try installing on a machine with different hardware.