Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Script using 2 Load Generators with 2 NIC Cards

I am using Performance Center 9.2 and my load generator boxes have 2 NIC cards. One Nic is for the incoming traffic on the public network and the other is the outgoing traffic for the private network. When I execute the script on one load generator the script works fine, but when I use 2 load generators the script fails. The Script looks like it does not select the correct NIC. The code I am using to assign the IP address is:

my_host=lr.get_host_name()

if instr( my_host,"load_gen") > 0 then
    web.set_sockets_option "USER_IP_ADDRESS", "10.1.180.17"
    end if

Thanks for the help

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Script using 2 Load Generators with 2 NIC Cards

Sorry I did not see the form until after I posted.

1. What version of LoadRunner (LR) or PerformanceCenter
    PC 9.00
    2. What is the protocol you are recording?
    WEB/HTML

3. If HTML - are you using HTML-Advanced with URLs or,
    No

5. Which LoadRunner/PerformanceCenter feature (FPs) or service packs are you using?
    None

6. VuGen Recording - are you using Old or New Recording Engine?
    New Recording Engine

7. You must list here the specific Licensed Vuser type for your specific issue AND the license amount you have for your Vuser protocol(s) - per the example below No response to this question or N/A are not options) If you are using a cracked or hacked version, list as "CRACK".

Web\HTML 5000

8. Is your support/maintenance contract current and active?
    Yes

9. What platform(s) (PCs) and Operating Systems (Windows-XP, etc.) are being used for load generators and controllers? Include version and service packs (SP1 or 2, etc.)
    Windows 2003 SP2

10. If you have filed a service request with HP/Mercury, what have they told you at this point with respect to your issue?
    No Service Request

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Look at the "route add" command at the system command level to force a route to your test host out of a particular interface card/IP address
    James Pulley

Replace ineffective offshore contracts, LoadRunnerByTheHour. Starting @ $19.95/hr USD.

Put us to the test, skilled expertise is less expensive than you might imagine.

Twitter: @LoadRunnerBTH @PerfBytes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I do not see how the route commance will help me. The load generators have 2 NIC each, one can and one can not see the network that the application resides on. While running using 2 load generators I need to force all traffic to the NIC that sees the network that the application is on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Phil,

The ROUTE ADD command can force a route to a given host out a specific interface. Please work with your router/network administration staff. They should be intimately familiar with the ROUTE ADD command and should be able to initiate the proper commands (including making the router permanent through reboots) for you.
    James Pulley

Replace ineffective offshore contracts, LoadRunnerByTheHour. Starting @ $19.95/hr USD.

Put us to the test, skilled expertise is less expensive than you might imagine.

Twitter: @LoadRunnerBTH @PerfBytes