| || |
Winsock Scripting: Binary to ASCII conversion
1. What version of LoadRunner (LR) or PerformanceCenter (PC) are you using? (specify which tool LR or PC)
2. What is the protocol you are recording?
2.1 If .NET, which version of .NET does the app require?
2.2 If .NET, which version of .NET do you have installed?
2.3 If OracleNCA with Oracle Forms Server, please list the version of Oracle Forms Server. You can get this info from the main Oracle Form when launched - Help -> About
3. If HTML - are you using HTML-Advanced with URLs or,
4. If URL mode:
- Concurrent groups, or
- Without Concurrent groups?
5. Which LoadRunner/PerformanceCenter feature (FPs) or service packs are you using?
6. VuGen Recording - are you using Old or New Recording Engine?
7. You must list here the specific Licensed Vuser type for your specific issue AND the license amount you have for your Vuser protocol(s) - per the example below No response to this question or N/A are not options) If you are using a cracked or hacked version, list as "CRACK".
Global – 10000
Don't know the licence amount
8. Is your support/maintenance contract current and active?
9. What platform(s) (PCs) and Operating Systems (Windows-XP, etc.) are being used for load generators and controllers? Include version and service packs (SP1 or 2, etc.)
10. If you have filed a service request with HP/Mercury, what have they told you at this point with respect to your issue?
Using Winsock protocol to create a script which goes like below
1. Going to URL: www.XXXXXXX.com
2. Clicking on the link provided on the webpage to connect through the Mainframe terminal (3270), using JNLP file through web Connect client.
3. Enter command “ncamfdy” and press Enter
4. Enter credentials.
The above is the scenario which I need to script.I am able to script it through Winsock protocol only,
The problem is
1. I am getting the data in buffer is in binary format which is completely not understandable, which restricts me to do any enhancement to replay the script successfully.
2. I need to change the JNLP file which is having a host IP, currently every time through webclient it is pointing to the same JNLP file.
If some one can suggest me to how to convert these data in the ASCII format in the buffer and also how to change the JNLP file to point the other environment would be very helpful.
Performance Test Engineer
Re: Winsock Scripting: Binary to ASCII conversion
JNLP files are XML, as far as I know they tell your Java client to download a JAR file and run it. JAR files are just ZIP files which contain Java object code.
I've never done Java testing in LoadRunner but I assume you need the correct licenses. If you must do it in WinSock then you need to reverse engineer the Java file with a Java decompiler, read and understand it, then rewrite the network structs in C.